Main Menu

Manual for Panasonic 616

Started by Doug Rose, July 21, 2010, 02:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Just in case anyone needs one.....Doug
Kidphone

gpo706

Doug, thank you very much for that link again, as I had it my my last fried hard drive, and it was all lost.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Doug Rose

Quote from: gpo706 on June 26, 2011, 05:36:23 AM
Doug, thank you very much for that link again, as I had it my my last fried hard drive, and it was all lost.
I forgot all about posting this, glad it helped. Sorry to hear about your hard drive. It is the worst thing when everything is gone and you can't get it back. ....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

Reply to an old thread but I just received my 616 from eBay and it came with no documentation so your link came in handy.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

twocvbloke

If you scour ebay you may come across an original paperback copy of the instructions, I was lucky enough to find them for my 616, it's so much nicer to have a paper copy to flick through rather than thumbing my Galaxy Tab's screen (using the PDF reader on it) to find the right page... :)

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Quote from: Fabius on April 29, 2014, 11:55:42 PM
Reply to an old thread but I just received my 616 from eBay and it came with no documentation so your link came in handy.

Twocvbloke seems to be the expert on these and his topic on his 616 has a lot of stuff including this post by poplar1 making reference to "early" and "later" programming codes designated by a circle 2 or circle 3 on the 616 tag, I think. I remember seeing links to both manuals on the forum but just can't find them now - someone listed a link to both the early and later versions.

And, while it does take a lot of paper and a fast laser printer, a pdf file can be printed, right?

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on April 30, 2014, 08:39:32 PMAnd, while it does take a lot of paper and a fast laser printer, a pdf file can be printed, right?

Yep, but it never looks right, I've printed off photocopied manuals in the past and they usually come out looking terrible, but something that was made from an original PDF copy used by the printing co's (usually indicated by the colour markers and edge guides within the document) is useful as you can print off your own book and trim it to look nice and official... :)