Author Topic: Lamp Phone Atrocities!  (Read 297231 times)

Offline compubit

Re: Lamp Phone Atrocities!
« Reply #825 on: May 24, 2020, 11:11:13 PM »
Another eBay auction with another payphone converted!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Illinois-Bell-Pay-Phone-Converted-to-Steampunk-21-Table-Lamp-Bob-Steinmetz/223923427026

Illinois Bell Pay Phone Converted to Steampunk 21" Table Lamp Bob Steinmetz

Sellers description:
This listing features a vintage and original Illinois Bell Public Push Button Pay Phone professionally Converted to Steampunk Table Lamp by Got a Light Custom Steampunk Lighting, Bob Steinmetz. Tested and lamp is in excellent working condition. Dimmer knob switch on back. Measures approximately 21" x 12" x 9". Made in USA.  Shows some wear from age, rare vintage piece.

At least on this one, it appears that they just used the existing lock hole for the lamp.

BTW, probably the only thing truly “Illinois Bell” about this phone is the vault cover... (Not a WE keypad, probably not a WE handset, or even the innards...), at which point I call fair game...

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Offline Key2871

« Reply #826 on: May 25, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »
Here's an idea, take those cheap China plastic knockoffs and make a lamp out of those.
Leave the good old real phones alone.
KEN

Offline FABphones

« Reply #827 on: June 16, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
As a phone in it’s original condition I would have looked more closely at this, but as a lamp....  :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:27:00 PM by FABphones »
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'
...and a Duck!
----------------
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble
———————
‘You never realise how anti-social you are until there’s a pandemic and your life doesn’t really change that much’

Offline countryman

« Reply #828 on: June 16, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »
Auction link

The seller wants about 4 times the the going rate of a good, nice and fairly clean W48. A person must be in dire need of a lamp to consider this eyesore...

I have an ivory W48 if you were interested.

Offline 19and41

« Reply #829 on: June 16, 2020, 01:08:46 PM »
Zerstört.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke