Author Topic: The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation  (Read 212608 times)

Offline Haf

Re: The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation
« Reply #795 on: February 02, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »
I suppose this was posted before and it's not a very special phone but a 302 but...

forget about the Bat Phone when there is a Dingbat Phone ;) Edith Bunker
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
001-415-449-4743

Offline 19and41

« Reply #796 on: February 02, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »
I don't know how to extract a pic from it, But I was watching Inspector Morse: Promised Land on YouTube, and they showed an Australian phone booth at 1.24 .54 into the program.  It looked more spacious than our booths.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Haf

« Reply #797 on: February 02, 2018, 04:36:44 PM »
Here you are :)
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
001-415-449-4743

Offline 19and41

« Reply #798 on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »
Thanks!   That was one of my favorite episodes.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline paul-f

• Old Telephones as Entertainment!
« Reply #799 on: April 02, 2018, 10:10:02 PM »
While surfing channels recently, I happened to see a monkey using a card dialer. 

After the jaw drop and double take, I checked out the movie title: Monkey Shines (1988).

So, here's a different card dialer variation to add to our wish lists -- one modified to be operated by a monkey for the benefit of his disabled "friend."

The START button doesn't move the card, but the phone dials anyway. There's a red light on the lower right to indicate "in use" and end the call. The cards look strange -- don't need sprocket holes. The set ties into an audio system (no speakerphone components noted).

The entire movie is on YouTube.
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-2CzXEqb_I

Here's a sample...

In the fourth photo, the monkey chews through the dialer's mounting cord to disable the set.

In the last two, a 2554's modular handset cord tangled in a motorized wheelchair is strong enough to stall the chair! Don't try that with your desk phone.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:23:59 PM by paul-f »
Visit: paul-f.com         WE 500  Design_Line

Offline Dan/Panther

• Global Moderator
  • Kaw-Liga, I will NEVER forget you. 8/4/98--9/20/10
« Reply #800 on: April 03, 2018, 01:05:26 PM »
While surfing channels recently, I happened to see a monkey using a card dialer. 

After the jaw drop and double take, I checked out the movie title: Monkey Shines (1988).

So, here's a different card dialer variation to add to our wish lists -- one modified to be operated by a monkey for the benefit of his disabled "friend."

The START button doesn't move the card, but the phone dials anyway. There's a red light on the lower right to indicate "in use" and end the call. The cards look strange -- don't need sprocket holes. The set ties into an audio system (no speakerphone components noted).

The entire movie is on YouTube.
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-2CzXEqb_I

Here's a sample...

In the fourth photo, the monkey chews through the dialer's mounting cord to disable the set.

In the last two, a 2554's modular handset cord tangled in a motorized wheelchair is strong enough to stall the chair! Don't try that with your desk phone.

So simple a Caveman could use it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson