Author Topic: Old lineman's case.  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Brinybay

Old lineman's case.
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »
From the same guys who have that warehouse and intercoms I mentioned a while back.  They uncovered this vintage Bell System lineman's case.  No, I didn't buy it.  I'm tapped out and it's just not something that interests me that much.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
 - Mike Row
e

Offline gpo706

Re: Old lineman's case.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »
Thats a natty very functional case.

I've a similar GPO one in brown plastic, but it has nothing in it, no compartments or anything, also got a nice leather toolbag and a BT yellow leather bag, they all come in handy for storing bits/tools.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Offline Brinybay

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
More of an interest to those who have as much interest in old Bell System related artifacts as they do phones.  If it really rotates someones dial, I can put you in touch with them. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
 - Mike Row
e

Offline bwanna

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
how much ya think they want for that, greg ???  i like all that old bell system stuff. haven't ever seen a case like that.
donna

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
Probably more of an Installers tool kit or maybe a repairmans kit. I have several of these cases but the compartments are set up differently. Mine are made by "Jelco".

Terry

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 06:53:03 AM »
When I first started in the business, we were issued a B Box. As I remember, it had a B in the serial number or was just labeled with a B.  KS-7771 I assume would be an older model. For the tech on the road, these were a perfect place to organize your tools. BUT they were heavy and it was too much weight to carry any distance! Most techs carried a small bag with your most used tools (punch tool, butt set etc) and these were left in there car. This is a nice piece....Doug
Kidphone