News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting 5302 on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, November 08, 2010, 08:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Here is a different 5302. A blank dial ring around an AE dial. I have seen a few "upgrades" in the past but nothing like this. I'll let you know when it arrives. I couldn't pass it up at this price. A non Bell Upgrade with the AE dial, but the numberless ring intrigues me. From the pictures, it doesn't look painted. I took a shot....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110605927515&si=5eYF21T5iyD%252FWlbI4PTKJKHjmTg%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Yes, that is interesting. Awaiting a full report! At that price you have more than $27.00 worth of useable parts if nothing else ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

deedubya3800

There is another 5302 on right now, labelled 5302E, that appears to have a 95B dial blank.

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on November 08, 2010, 08:02:54 AM

Here is a different 5302. A blank dial ring around an AE dial. I have seen a few "upgrades" in the past but nothing like this. I'll let you know when it arrives. I couldn't pass it up at this price. A non Bell Upgrade with the AE dial, but the numberless ring intrigues me. From the pictures, it doesn't look painted. I took a shot....Doug

That's almost the same dial my barber has on his SC, except he has a Z/Operator plate.  He was missing the parts for the dial ring and had rigged up a blank white cardboard ring to dress it up a bit.  I eventually got tired of looking at that big ugly screw and did some horse-swapping for the proper dial ring parts.  I gave him a choice of repro AE dial cards, this is the one he chose.  I got two free haircuts in trade.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e