Author Topic: North/Ericsson Wall Phone  (Read 1795 times)

Offline LarryInMichigan

North/Ericsson Wall Phone
« on: December 09, 2010, 09:14:56 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-NORTH-ELETRIC-BLACK-WALL-MT-PHONE-NOS-MFG-1965-/130461400543

This phone is obviously an Ericcson, probably the wall version of the Dialog, but is says North Electric.  Did North make these like they made Ericofons?

Larry

Offline dsk

Re: North/Ericsson Wall Phone
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »
Don't think it is an Ericsson for the Swedish market, this: http://tinyurl.com/39wcl3r
was used in Sweden when they used the dialog.

dsk
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:32:17 PM by d_s_k »

I have even got a regular New York number :-) 646 570 1796

Offline erivaj

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 07:39:00 AM »
Hi,

I have got the same phone in cream colour, with wire connection. I would like to put the wire to be ready to use but I am driving crazy about how to open it. I can not see any screw or similar to open.

Please, could you explain me how to remove the case?

Thanks

Offline LarryInMichigan

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:05:16 AM »
Hi,

I have got the same phone in cream colour, with wire connection. I would like to put the wire to be ready to use but I am driving crazy about how to open it. I can not see any screw or similar to open.

Please, could you explain me how to remove the case?

Thanks

Is there a screw somewhere in the cradle area?  On the desktop version of the Ericsson Dialog, there is a screw under the cradle which holds the shell to the base.  After the screw is loosened, the shell hinges upward from the back.  Perhaps this phone has a similar arrangement.

Larry

Offline LM Ericsson

• 1978 Elektronska Industrija ATA 71- Yugoslavia
    • Vintage Telephones (Youtube)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
I have a wall Ericsson Dialog. It does not have a screw for the housing, it clips on the base.
-Grayson Cordova
Have a nice day!!!

Offline erivaj

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 07:37:43 PM »
Hi Larry, I have a couple of Dialogs and the screw is under cradle like you say, but the Wall dialog havenīt any screw as LM say.

LM I could find the movement or clips to remove the housing from the base. Could. you help me? ... I donīt want to break the housing pulling in the wrong way