Author Topic: "Telic" telephone?  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Brinybay

"Telic" telephone?
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:23:48 AM »
Vas ist das?  The seller doesn't know either, you can tell by the clueless overpricing.  I can forgive them somewhat, I couldn't find anything on it either.  European?

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/clt/2082954015.html

telic rotary dial phone - $1000 (b'ham)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-27, 9:08PM PST
Reply to: sale-cnbys-2082954015@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$1,000 OBO old "Telic" rotary dial office phone.

I googled this and can not find anything on it so I have no idea what it's worth.

Would look good in your collection of old phones.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2082954015
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
 - Mike Row
e

Offline LarryInMichigan

Re: "Telic" telephone?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
It looks somewhat European.  Intersting, but not very stylish.  You could wait a couple of weeks and offer the seller $20.

Larry

Offline Sargeguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »
That logo almost looks like the Western Electric "Hawthorn" script.  The handset looks older than the rest of the phone.  It seems like it has a mixture of post-war and pre-war features, or maybe the dial is newer than the other parts.  There is a German company  "Telic GmbH" that seems to make black boxes and other "telemetry devices".
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:58:22 AM by Sargeguy »
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:30:25 AM »
Hmmm. It sounds like one of the eastern European languages, especially with the accent over the "e". It translates as Slovenian for "heifers", for example. In Croatian it is "calves".

In Welch, it comes across as "relic".

Not sure either of these is very helpful, but ...

Bill
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 11:34:54 AM by Bill »

Offline Brinybay

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 02:22:34 AM »
It looks somewhat European.  Intersting, but not very stylish.  You could wait a couple of weeks and offer the seller $20.

Larry

$20, maybe, if it was nearby, but Bellingham is way too far, on the Canadian border.  Like you said, interesting, but not really my style.  I'm just curious on who/what TELIC is.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
 - Mike Row
e

Offline Brinybay

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 02:34:38 AM »
Hmmm. It sounds like one of the eastern European languages, especially with the accent over the "e". It translates as Slovenian for "heifers", for example. In Croatian it is "calves".

In Welch, it comes across as "relic".

Not sure either of these is very helpful, but ...

Bill

Try French:  http://tinyurl.com/244arjl  

eBay France has a few: http://tinyurl.com/256gj52  I tried to convert the Euro into USD, but am confused on their use of the comma in the prices.  Is the comma the equivalent of a decimal?  That's the only way the prices make any sense.

Any guess on the era?  I'm thinking 30s.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:18:50 AM by Brinybay »
 - Mike Row
e

Offline Phonesrfun

• "Number Please"
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
Yes, many European countries use the comma for the decimal, and vise versa. 
-Bill G