News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Started by marty, March 11, 2011, 08:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

Hi All;
I got my 501 tonight.. Here are some Pictures, More Pictures to follow on next posting...
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
More Pictures.. The ringer is a C4A..  The Dial is is a 9C-3 Dated 12-64 while the rest of the phone is 7-56..
THANK YOU Marty

paul-f

That's a nice looking phone, Marty.

It appears that it was converted from a 501 to a 500 by removing the tube.  It was a common change as party lines went out of favor, and was probably done when the dial was replaced.

Does your camera have a macro mode that will let you get the close-ups in better focus?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

marty

Hi All;
Paul, I don't know, I don't know what  macro mode is... I can sometimes get it to focus better and sometimes not.. And I can't tell till later..
THANK YOU Marty

Bill

Better pictures would be valuable, so Paul's question is fair. If you want to post the make/model of the camera, I'd be glad to look it up, and try to help.

Bill

paul-f

Marty,

Your photos indicate the source is a Nokia E73.  I'm not familiar with that one, but a search pointed to this thread.  Apparently there is a macro (close-up) mode, but it's apparently not obvious how to use it.  If you can figure it out, you will be able to get better close ups.  Perhaps your manual or on-line support can help.

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?186656-Macro-mode-in-N73

marty

Hi All;
THANK YOU, Paul-F... I will look at some of the options, but if people more knowledgeable than me can't figure it out.. I doubt I could either..
THANK YOU Marty

paul-f

Marty,

We have faith in you!  Positive thinking is encouraged -- this group is filled to overflowing with confidence when tackling the unknown.

If you have any problems, let us know.  We're especially glad to help if it results in more phone photos!