Author Topic: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoiP) phone service and pulse dialing  (Read 27484 times)

Offline dsk

Re: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoiP) phone service and pulse dialing
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
I think it's dsk who suggested rewiring a WE 500 set by using the off-normal contacts (white dial leads) to short the entire phone (as in AE 40s and WE 302s) rather than just the receiver. The 10A dial on a Trimline doesn't have the additional contacts since *most* people don't try to listen and dial at the same time.

Yes that's right. My guess are still; we need to increase the voltage difference between just off-hook and rotated dial in hold position. The Trimline doesn't have any anything making it possible to sense that. Now its time for experimenting, how to solve that without ruining the phone.
At this moment I have no solution.

dsk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:52:40 AM by dsk »
Please notify me of dead links in my postings.

C*NET +1 999-3011

I have even got a regular New York number :-) 646 570 1796

Offline Babybearjs

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2016, 12:36:06 AM »
for anyone who is interested, Arris has a Cable Modem thats reverse compatable and it works pretty good, its the Arris TG-862G Cable modem. Go to www.arris.com for details.
John

Offline markosjal

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2016, 02:46:34 PM »
do you mean the Arris modem accepts Pulse dialing?

I know with asterisk i use the UTStarcom IAN-02ex on rotar phones and it works
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Offline markosjal

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »
Looking at this page.....
https://atcaonline.com/ttpad.html

What about TT pads that have all wires? It says thge "F" corresponds to green wire but what if the TT pad has all wires and no terminals?

Author is quick to recommend cutting of "all" other wires but I suspect on many tt pads that terminal corresponds to a wire.

Offline HarrySmith

• 1937 302
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »
I have used that method on a few phones, it works great. He does have a list of recommended pads, I would guess not all would work for this.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Offline TelePlay

• Global Moderator
  • Available by PM
    • . . . the times they are a'changing
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »
He states the following:

"Make sure the pad you use has a diode bridge (polarity guard) so your finished phone wonít be polarity sensitive.  Figs. 1a-1c are recommended units.

Figs. 1a and 1b are pads from Premier 2500 phones, made by North Supply.

Fig. 1c is an ITT #42 pad (my favorite).

You can use a Western Electric #72 pad, but Iíve been told they have a high failure rate due to poor switch contacts."

When I made mine, I didn't start until I found a couple of ITT #42s and never had a problem after construction. I didn't try to re-invent his work or to bench test other TT dial pads. Just went with what he recommended and very happy with the results, using Stub's generic mod to fit all phones.
            John . . .

Offline stub

• AE Type 14 A
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2018, 07:00:14 PM »
I used all the tt pads that Stan listed and all worked great , I use mostly the Premier 2500 phones, made by North Supply just because I had a bunch on hand from busted phones. The ringer control also works great too on the LB phones !   stub
                                                                                               https://atcaonline.com/ringercontrol.html        stub
Kenneth Stubblefield        
  CRPF
   TCI

Offline markosjal

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2018, 11:38:35 PM »
Looking at this page.....
https://atcaonline.com/ttpad.html

What about TT pads that have all wires? It says thge "F" corresponds to green wire but what if the TT pad has all wires and no terminals?

Author is quick to recommend cutting of "all" other wires but I suspect on many tt pads that terminal corresponds to a wire.

How did this end up under this thread?? It was posted under its own topic and has nothing to do with VoIP rather Dtmf pads

Offline markosjal

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2018, 02:52:12 AM »
(snip)
...Vonage.  Much cheaper than Comcast US, Canada and parts of  Europe are unlimited.  Last time I checked a few years ago Australia was under 4 cents. ...(Snip)

If you want Australia calling, check out www.siptalk.com.au if you go to https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/107 and have a look around for "siptalk"(telecube is the same company) you can get AU DIDs for $0.55 AUD per month.

You can also choose to pay per call or per minute.

I have used this service for inbound and outbound calls for nearly six months now. Just last month I recharged the account with my second $10.00 AUD . I do admit however I do not call Australia much they usually call me (in the middle of the night) .

I must also say the call quality is STUNNING (No VoIP pun Intended) and far superior to most any AU termination and origination service I previously used. This is amazing considering  it is 60ms from my broadband connection in Mexico to my PBX in a data center in Arizona then another 170ms to siptalk for a total of 230+ms. Previously I was paying $5 USD to $6 USD per AU DID per month. I have now cut that down to a small fraction of the cost and have better call quality than ever to and from Australia. I was also able to get a Cairns DID which I was unable to get anywhere else before I found them.

I did have to have a friend in Austrailia authenticate the account with an Australian mobile number.

I am also able to pay with Paypal and I believe they will accept a USA Debit or Credit card. 

Mark

Offline dsk

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »
Nice
Thank you!

dsk
Please notify me of dead links in my postings.

C*NET +1 999-3011

I have even got a regular New York number :-) 646 570 1796

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »
This video popped up today showing the difference between copper and FIOS, mostly with dialup aspects, but also with an ITT 500 being used to dial out and receive... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImEYnuBn1oI