Author Topic: What is required to make a WE 555 Cord Board work?  (Read 16826 times)

Offline DavePEI

• Global Moderator
  • Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island
    • The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island
Re: What is required to make a WE 555 Cord Board work?
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 08:19:02 PM »
Dave, I was just making sure that it didn't need three different taps on the power supply. It looks like I'm all set with the Lorain power supply that I have. It seems strange to me that your QGG1A takes 10VAC and converts it to 100VAC 30HZ. But that is probably because I don't know much about Key Systems yet. A TCI member gave me a 1A2 Key System but I haven't picked it up from him yet.
Doug Pav  

Hi Doug:

While I didn't save a photo of the full QUJ11A KSU, here is a photo of the full QUJ9A KSU unit. It uses the same power supply and frequency generator, as did many NE 1A2 KSU's. I don't know why it was built separate from the power supply unlike the Loraine, but that is the way they did them. Perhaps it was done this way as changing the ring generator unit would be less expensive than replacing the whole supply if the ring generator failed. This KSU is the one I use for demo of 1A2 in the museum - I have it set up with 5 phones on display in a working configuration.

I also have a 1A system too, but not set up yet. That system uses a rotary stepping switch for intercom, unlike the electronic system in this unit.

The main Key system in the museum is a Norstar 6x16 complete with all the bells and whistles including MOH, which has three phones in the display area, and one in the workshop; also one in the office, and a Toshiba Strata DK280, and Octel 200 Message server (voice mail not yet in operation) set up with 3 demo phones in the entrance room of the museum. Beside the QUJ9A is a small shoebox KSU. Oops: I forgot the Tie Modkey 612 KSU system set up alongside the 6x16 complete with three phones. All systems except for the 1A are operational for demos.

I also have two more of the QGG1A ring generators. You use what you have on hand, so I sacrificed the QUJ11A so I could use its power supply and ring generator for the 555 supply. Its excellent ring interrupter and interrupter socket came in useful on my switching demo which I built around the same time as wiring the 555. Most of its KTU's have been kept as spares for the QUJ9B and for the shoebox KSU, and one of its 66 blocks was used to punch down the phone lines connected to the 555 and is connected to the board using male and female Amphenol connectors, so that the board can easily moved when needed. Waste not, want not!

Happy Easter weekend to all!

Dave
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:52:02 AM by DavePEI »
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Offline rubey

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2016, 05:59:36 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering if I posted a pic of my 101G Power Source for my PBX 555 and a pic of the back of the PBX would someone be able to walk me through the wiring required to hookup my PBX?

Thanks from Seattle,
Ruben

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »
Get posting Ruben! Were here to help.

And welcome to the Rotary Phone Forum by the way....

Terry

Offline rubey

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2018, 04:57:26 PM »
I'm still learning how to navigate this forum. I hope I'm not posting in multiple places.  Anyway, here are some pics of what I have...

BTW, I updated my email to fix the spam issue I was having with my last email account. I'm hoping to hear from you all soon. I will post some pics of a 101G that I have but I'm afraid to use it because there is a wire that is not connecting to one of the posts and their appears to be a ground.

Ruben
In Seattle
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:14:57 PM by rubey »

Offline HarrySmith

• 1937 302
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
Nice board! I am jealous!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Offline rubey

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »
Hi Guys,
I'm apparently having troubles posting additional photos of my power plants. I may have to try later. I have a 101G and 20B2.

Ruben