News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

First Photoshoot!!!

Started by Devansphones, October 21, 2011, 11:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devansphones

Here they are... My family...My phones (please do not reply until I post a reply saying go ahead, I would like for all of my phones to be together since I have more than 6 pics I need my posts to be back to back)
~Devan

Devansphones

~Devan

Devansphones

~Devan

Devansphones

~Devan

Devansphones

NOW YOU MAY FEEL FREE TO REPLY, POST PICS OF SIMILAR PHONES AND ASK QUESTIONS!!! THE PICS WERE TAKEN IN MY STUDIO AND ARE OF MY PHONES... IN ORDER FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, AE 80 TURQUOISE, WE D1 "202" BLACK 1931, GTE AE 80 FASHONPLATE WHITE 1974, AE 80 BLACK 1954. THANK YOU!!!
~Devan

AE_Collector

That's the way it should be! ....  75% AE  ;)

Does your 80E have the plastic or metal base? To the best of my knowledge the 80E showed up in 1975 not 1974. If it has a metal base it has been refurbed using the newer 80E type case. This was pretty common practice.

Good start to the AE Collection!

Terry

Devansphones

My bad, it's plastic   ??? I haven't had it open in a while... the fashonplate is all plastic as you know and I already had to fix a crack from opening it once so  don't want to do it again... I will have to remember 75 75 75!!! Ok got it!
~Devan

AE_Collector

Probably no point in opening it looking for a date. I don't think thatI have ever seen a date inside an 80E. They are frequently dated on the underside of the base though. It is usually an ink stamp and can be difficult to see since the ink is usually dark and the plastic base is usually dark plastic. Some sets never got the date stamp though and others can be smudged and unreadable. Even when AE dated something they frequently did a poor job of it.

See if you can see a date on the base plate. I am not 100% certain that there was never an 80E from 1974 but I was always of the impression that they appeared mid 1975.

Terry

GG

Re. opening up 80Es without cracking them:

Typically these are assembled with a screw at the rear and a plastic peg on the base that fits into a hole in the housing at the front.  So you unscrew at the rear, and then lift off toward one of the front corners.  Trying to get that without knowing how it's done, could lead to cracking the housings. 

As with everything else, proceed gently and it will usually become clear how it all goes together. 

Fortunately, 80Es are still plentiful and inexpensive, but there will come a day when they are scarce and expensive, so better to learn the ropes now.

Devansphones

O yes GG I know, I read how to open them before I did so, you can never be to careful but, some way or another it cracked but it is fixed... she is a beauty and I hate to see her cracked but that is the beauty of something broken, it can be fixed and there in lies it's potential!!! (quote from Scooby Doo) but I will never sell her anyway, even if she were worth 1 million dollars... no wait... if she were worth $1,000,000 I would definitely sell her.
~Devan

AE_Collector

Quote from: Devansphones on October 23, 2011, 02:31:52 PM
... no wait... if she were worth $1,000,000 I would definitely sell her.

And I'd be passing you some cash to tell me who the buyer was! I have a few too many 80E's around here for sure!

Terry

stub

Devan,
           Looks like you have done a good job on your phones!! You do know that there is no known cure for this disease ;D. I started out with just black phones but these guys and gals made all these colored phones look so good that I may add some color to my phones. You can see from my avatar that I might be alittle AE biased :o Anyway , you have a great start to nice collection of phones!!
           Keep your bells ringing.     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield