Author Topic: Passing on your Phone Collection discussion ...  (Read 8893 times)

Offline Russ Kirk

Re: Passing on your Phone Collection discussion ...
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
(Edited down)
A logical thing to do IMHO is to downsize in later years. ....... I would like to be down to maybe just a couple hundred that are truly my collection. That will be more than enough for family to deal with if and when something happens to me. (Iím 60)

I plan to do the same Terry.  I have a couple hundred in display in my home. When I get a new phone, one get packed up, usually a common set.   So in a year or two I will be selling some surplus phones either online or at a show. I don't want to have a storage problem later.

If something should happen to my wife and I at the same time we placed our collections in our Trust with instructions for my phones to go to a non-profit museum and my wife's collection to non-profit groups.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Offline Dan/Panther

• Global Moderator
  • Kaw-Liga, I will NEVER forget you. 8/4/98--9/20/10
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »
Everyone keeps telling me "You can't take it with You."

Then I'm not going........
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
That sounds like some good planning Russ....and D/P too....great problem solver!

Even some basic instructions left will give those that have to deal with the collection some basic ground rules based on your wants.

Terry