Author Topic: Cousin ITT....  (Read 2969 times)

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
Re: Cousin ITT....
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
I wasn't too sure about it myself, until I stuck it in the search box at the top and learned about the MTS, it's handy having a forum full of such info... :D

Offline xylenol15

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
Ahh, you have a marbled plastic transmitter cup there. How often do the rest of you guys see these? I have one on one of my WE handsets from the 80s.

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:18 AM »
I only have two marbled transmitter cups, the ITT-ised Northern Electric 500 in this thread, and my red AT&T-ified NE2500, as you can see in the pics below...

I think it's cos they're using recycled plastic to make the cups, it's not a display item, so they can make it cheaper by not bleaching and re-colouring the plastic, and thus mass produce them with ease... :)

Offline xylenol15

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
I only have two marbled transmitter cups, the ITT-ised Northern Electric 500 in this thread, and my red AT&T-ified NE2500, as you can see in the pics below...

I think it's cos they're using recycled plastic to make the cups, it's not a display item, so they can make it cheaper by not bleaching and re-colouring the plastic, and thus mass produce them with ease... :)

I think you're right twocvbloke, I had thought so too since they're gray and look like a mixture of white and black, which would be the most common scrap plastic colors they have to work with.