Author Topic: Gangster type telephone.....lol  (Read 1668 times)

Offline McHeath

Re: Gangster type telephone.....lol
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:06:19 PM »
"Gangsta phone", now that will go well with shabby chic, Eeames Era, Art Deco, and of course "Just like grandmas"
 :D

Offline BDM

• 313-TUxedo 6-4281
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
New key word for candlesticks. Gangster phone.....

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Offline AtomicEraTom

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 01:21:08 AM »
Whenever I see one of these phones, and I'm probably going to get my head ripped off for this, I think of the Andy Griffith show.  He had that candlestick phone on his desk.
I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roads. Searchin' in the sun for another overload.  I hear you singin' in the wires, I can hear you through the whine, and the Witchita Lineman is still on the line.

Offline BDM

• 313-TUxedo 6-4281
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:28:36 AM »
Whenever I see one of these phones, and I'm probably going to get my head ripped off for this, I think of the Andy Griffith show.  He had that candlestick phone on his desk.

Yup. If I remember correctly, it was originally a W.E. 20 desk stand, then it became a 50/51AL desk stand with a dial blank. I was just watching episodes the other night.

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Offline McHeath

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:33:11 PM »
It's a little known secret that Andy and Barney were really secret Mafia gangsters who were running a fence operation out of Mayberry.  Hence the use of the Gangsta Phone™ by the Mayberry Police Dept.
 ;)

Offline AtomicEraTom

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:56:33 AM »
It's a little known secret that Andy and Barney were really secret Mafia gangsters who were running a fence operation out of Mayberry.  Hence the use of the Gangsta Phone™ by the Mayberry Police Dept.
 ;)

Sarah, yes Sherriff Taylor.  Can you connect me with Jimmy the Legs?
I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roads. Searchin' in the sun for another overload.  I hear you singin' in the wires, I can hear you through the whine, and the Witchita Lineman is still on the line.