Author Topic: Best Oil/Lubricant? for dial.  (Read 9237 times)

Offline Contempra

Re: Best Oil/Lubricant? for dial.
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »
don't forget, the watchmakers recommend oiling watches and mechanical clocks every 3 to 5 years. Which means that we will oil the dials of our phones in the same period . I use clock oil because it is more resistant than the simple oil for watches. I have always done this for many years without ever having problems. I have already tried watch oil, it lasts much less and dries faster than clock oil. so, I prefer clock oil. after 5 or 6 years and even a little longer, I clean and relubricate the dial and normally, even if I clean, there is no dirt, but I still clean in case ..
Denis

Offline AL_as_needed

• '41 WE 302
Re: Best Oil/Lubricant? for dial.
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 06:47:31 AM »
To add my two cents:

I have used something similar to what Christian uses, only under a different name. Made by CK, "Crow Bar"' is also a solvent free lubricant that leaves a smooth film where applied. Unlike other aerosol spray oils, this one foams a bit on contact and clings very well even upside down. Only down side is it tends to be a bit messy to apply right from the can, so I spray into a small plastic cup and use a Q-tip to dab it where i want it. Both this product and 3 in 1 have given me good results. Some phones are on year four and have yet to need re-oiling.
TWinbrook7