News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Rare WE Wall Phone

Started by bingster, February 11, 2009, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

That's the second time that one's been up.  Didn't sell the first time.  I think the price is awfully high, but given the fact that it's so rare, who knows?  If I were wealthy, it would be mine, that's for sure.
= DARRIN =

AET

Wow, mcheath, you sold that car for 200 bucks!  I'll give you double that.  I had the same car, as you know, and her original colors were Suntan Copper with a White top, just like yours.  I beleive it was also a 283/Powerglide car, but the guy I bought it from swore it was a 348 Car, I didn't beleive him then, nor now, as he also said it was factory AC, but there were no dash vents....
- Tom

McHeath

QuoteWow, mcheath, you sold that car for 200 bucks!

I was, how should I put it, a fool.   :-\

rp2813

I see a ZIP Code of 95137 on that phone.  So it must be from the 60's.   :o

Ralph
Ralph

AET

Quote from: McHeath on March 25, 2009, 01:16:43 AM
QuoteWow, mcheath, you sold that car for 200 bucks!

I was, how should I put it, a fool.   :-\

Nah, it was way back then, I'm sure you needed the cash.  My dad bought one for 200 bucks in the 70's.  Took the engine for his 70 GMC pickup (straight six, three on the tree) and told the guy to keep the rest of the car!

Also, my folks sold my favorite car of my childhood, a brown 1977 Ford LTD wagon for 200 bucks!  So, people sometimes just let things go because either they don't want it around, or need the cash.
- Tom

McHeath

Yeah, I was recently married and 200 clams was really needed to pay some rent.  Even at the time I thought I was going to miss that car, but such is life. 

AET

Yup, like they say, money talks.  Everyone's gotta do what they gotta do to make ends meet.  As you know, we're brewery collectors here as well, and my dad had to sell his original collection which he had been at since 1972 in 1994 so we could afford the down payment on our next house, it had to be done.  Now, our collection, which we restarted in 2004 is bigger than ever and takes up every room in the house!  We're actually out of wall space in a house that's over 3000 square feet!  So, I guess good things come to those who wait.
- Tom