News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BDM's Virtual Telephone Show

Started by BDM, March 25, 2009, 02:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Ok, I'll start off. Steve K gave me an idea. Many of you have started off with nothing, but have at least one antique/vintage phone now, or more. So, lets see your collection. Please, no pics of phones you wish you had or other collectors sets. Just what you have. This isn't a contest. I don't care if it looks like it was run over by a train, or if you have the grand-daddy mint condition, NOS W.E. Potbelly candlestick, or if you have one or one thousand. SHOW THEM! ;)

Here is a sample of some of my daily drivers. I'll post more as I go along.

In order:
51AL - Completely restored by me some 13 years ago. It was a basket case. All original except the receiver cord bottom felt and transmitter. I stuffed a T1 capsule in it for daily use. I did this ONLY to a basket case like this phone was.

151AL - All original and from the Detroit area. Only the receiver cord is a replacement. Nothing else. Not a nick on this set. I got it with it's original 684 subset.

202 - Another one restored and painted by me. It was a $5 basket case from about 20 years ago. All original including the #4 dial it came with. The receiver cord is an original W.E. replacement. The bottom felt has also been replaced.

302 - All original, only minor nicks in the paint. A numbers matching phone from early 38. The chassis is marked 11/37. Oh, I installed the coil cord for daily use. I tucked away the original brown cloth cord which is in fine shape.

AE40 - Restoration still in progress. But she's coming along fine, and is a nice performer.

Kellogg 1000 -Redbar-  Bakelite housing, recently restored, but not finished. Works fine.

Now, lets enjoy each other projects and collections ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

BDM

Speaking of 5302 sets. I have several, but this one is my gem. Picked up locally. Completely original as found. Bought it at a Grosse Pointe house sale. The elderly owner passed away. And his family was selling off items. Picked this up along with a few antique radios. It has the original telephone number card on it. This is from the 313 area code.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dennis Markham

Brian that is a nice looking phone.  Nice dial card too.

BDM

Thanks Dennis. Another lucky find at the time. BTW, I didn't know this model existed at the time I bought it. I saw the F1 handset, and thought, HUH??! I Noticed it was shorter than a 500, and thought hmmmmm. I gotta grab this. I knew it had to be a legitimate model. Just what I didn't know. Another $5 special. I believe I purchased it around 94/95.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

That 5300 was a great find, it's sure got a nice finish. 

AE_Collector

BDM Started the "Virtual Telephone Display" topic in 2009 and now I have seperated it all into individual topics for each of the contributors. BDM's reward for starting the idea is that he gets the 29,964 (currently) "views" statistic left on his "Telephone Show" topic!

Terry

George Knighton

Quote from: BDM on March 25, 2009, 11:36:45 PM
Speaking of 5302 sets. I have several, but this one is my gem.

How do you like the 5302, generally speaking?

I have one with the GF handset with inserts, and it has become my favourite daily use phone.
Annoying new poster.

BDM

Man I need to catch up on things. I was wondering what happened to this post. As for using a 5302 (I know old question). It's like any other 302/H mount in that regard. One thing, I never really liked is the F1 handset for actual use. It's hard to shoulder as it simply wants to "pop" out and I shoulder phones quite often. The E and G series handsets are my favorites. I like the E series looks the best IMHO, and it shoulders easily. The G series is just plain nice to use.

Anyhow no updates to my collection. I need to add some color to my collections. It's mostly one color.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AE_Collector

Quote from: BDM on March 07, 2014, 08:40:58 PM
Man I need to catch up on things. I was wondering what happened to this post.

It was a very good idea and it had something like 25 or 30 pages of pictures of people's phone collections. I broke it all up into individual topics for each person and it has continued to grow from there. Likely the most challenging thing I have taken on here on CRPF so far! This entire section of CRPF came from this initial topic.

It was interesting that since you started it you got to keep the 30000 page views statistic once the topic was back to just your phones!

Terry

BDM

Yes I noticed, it just got to big and all over the place. That was a good idea Terry to categorize it better. When I started that thread, I believe we had maybe 100 members give or take a few. This place has real grown and gained some extremely knowledgeable collectors and interesting folk. Nice to see.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI