"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Addition

Started by Tonyrotary, March 31, 2009, 12:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

HobieSport

I admit that my heart beats slightly faster just before I snipe on Ebay.  Lately it seems that there is some kind of semi-educated telephone appreciation forum that is somehow driving the prices up in April. Felt and wool feet.  Bastards. ;D

Tonyrotary

bingster

When it's something I really want, my heart doesn't beat slightly faster... I'll admit it pounds.  My palms start sweating, I start breathing faster... It's a huge adrenaline rush!  Unless I go through all that and lose.   Then it's a crushing blow.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

The eBay rush is not unlike putting money in a slot machine.  That's why when you are high bidder eBay says "YOU WON!!"....when they really mean they win.  It happens to me too.  I sit with a clock in front of me with two windows open...I have the first page cocked and loaded....all I have to do is hit the "confirm bid" button.  On the other page I refresh it every minute (starting at the ten minute mark).  When we're down to two minutes (to the second) I call it the "two-minute warning".  I compare it to what pilots call a sterile cockpit before landing.  Any conversation before landing MUST be related to the operation of the aircraft.  Not things like my wife got a new car today.............then with just 15 seconds left I switch back to the page that is ready to go and with TWO seconds left I push the confirm button.  If I've put in enough money,  I win.  If I didn't, I don't.  Trade Secret #49538542A.  Just don't double clutch or the auction will be over.

AET

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 04, 2009, 05:01:23 PM
I call it the "two-minute warning". 

So do me and my dad.  We're heavy e-bayers and sit here with the clock going, the two tabs one ready to bid and the other one refreshing to watch the clock, plus a digital clock and the computer clock to watch the time.  Usually him, me, and my mom are sitting here just waiting if it's a big item, just waiting for that moment to hit the clicker!
- Tom