Author Topic: GPO Trimphone dial, radiation suits at the ready!!!  (Read 1359 times)

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
GPO Trimphone dial, radiation suits at the ready!!!
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
Okay, it's not one of the tritium tubed ones (asked the seller to check to make sure!!), so no risk of radiation, even if they weren't any more radioactive than a wristwatch... :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221188261697

I thought I'd buy it to see if I could rig up something inside it to make it glow without any radioactive materials, aswell as see if it'd fit a 746, cos I've been wondering about that for a couple of years but never got a dial to try... :D

Bought that alongside that 2nd 95A socket, so, both from the same seller, I just forgot to mention this one... :D

Offline david@london

Re: GPO Trimphone dial, radiation suits at the ready!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
............looks dangerous.

...........invest in one of these asap-

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
............looks dangerous.

...........invest in one of these asap-

I was hoping to get one of these, and the radiation suit too... :D

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »
Got it, and, er, it IS a Tritium-tube equipped version, only the glow is so minimal I can't get a picture of it... :D

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:59 PM »
Well, scrap that last comment about not being able to get a picture, with my old camera on nightshot, and some post processing pushing the brightness & contrast right up to the limits, I got this picture, it's nowhere near as bright as that in real life, but you can see it's still got life in it, although, there is a crack in the tube near the bottom end, which is probably why it's brighter at the top than the bottom... :D

I'm not worried though, a lump of granite is more radioative than this thing... :D