Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Nice find, Larry!  Congratulations!

Dan/Panther

The buy of the year for sure.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

LarryInMichigan

I finally reassembled the green 302 today.  I had wanted to sand out the scratches and pits, but I just don't have the time, so I polished what I had and reassembled everything.  I recoiled the handset cord, but it is still very loose and quickly losing its shape.  I probably should have reversed the curls.  After I screwed the base onto the shell, the ringer stopped working.  After a few attempts to figure out what the problem was, I discovered that the back end of the ringer was sticking upward a bit and apparently enough so that the bottom of the dial cover (#6 dial) was pushing up against the ringer when the shell was all the way on the base.  I managed to bend the bracket enough so that the ringer was able to move freely.  The phone looks pretty nice, but I apparently bent the base a bit when hammering the edges, so the feet do not all sit flat on the desk, and the phone wobbles a bit.

Larry

AE40FAN

Larry, that's a really nice phone you got for a steal!

Dennis Markham

Looks great, Larry.  Beautiful phone!

Nick in Manitou

Great looking phone.

Dan/Panther

Larry;
What a gorgeous phone, and job you did cleaning it up. Did I forget to say in my last post, I really hate you. ;D
D/P

LarryInMichigan

It works well too :)

Larry

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

LarryInMichigan

BTW, I polished this phone with a product called Meguiar's ScratchX2.0 which I found several months ago in the automotive section at the local Target.  It is intended for polishing out scratches in auto paint, but it does wonders on this type of plastic with little effort.

Larry

Dan/Panther

Doug Rose

Larry...that came out so well I went out and bought a bottle of Meguiar's ScratchX2.0....Outstanding job!!...Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

I think there was a modification to raise the case by putting washers at the hold down screws.  This might clear up thr dial/bell interference problem.
Howard

poplar1

Larry, it may be that the spades on the dial wires need to be moved slightly. I'm trying to find a BSP or a photo showing a 6A dial on a 302. Or find a 1952-1954 or refubished 302 to look at. (We called that the "mock procedure" where I worked.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: poplar1 on May 03, 2013, 11:21:19 AM
Larry, it may be that the spades on the dial wires need to be moved slightly. I'm trying to find a BSP or a photo showing a 6A dial on a 302. Or find a 1952-1954 or refubished 302 to look at. (We called that the "mock procedure" where I worked.)

I did move the wires a bit, but the solution seemed to be the pushing down on the back end of the ringer so that it was no longer slanting upward. 

There is no question that a #6 dial in a 302 is a tight fit.

Larry