Author Topic: Green 302  (Read 3431 times)

Offline poplar1

  • ***
  • Posts: 6265
  • 1051-AL
Re: Green 302
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
Larry, it may be that the spades on the dial wires need to be moved slightly. I'm trying to find a BSP or a photo showing a 6A dial on a 302. Or find a 1952-1954 or refubished 302 to look at. (We called that the "mock procedure" where I worked.)

I did move the wires a bit, but the solution seemed to be the pushing down on the back end of the ringer so that it was no longer slanting upward. 

There is no question that a #6 dial in a 302 is a tight fit.


Larry

Larry, I found my 2-54 green 302 and the wiring looks just like your picture. My ringer is also slanting upward, but there seems to be a bit more space between the curved bar and the magnet.

One of the BSPs says to remove the plastic cover when installing on a 202. Or maybe it was on a candlestick. I've never actually seen any where this was done.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Offline LarryInMichigan

  • ***
  • Posts: 5048
Re: Green 302
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
I was tempted to remove the back cover of the dial, but I didn't feel like removing the dial again, the phone came with the cover on it, and I was afraid that wires might interfere or become stuck in the governor or cam or something.  At any rate, the phone is now looking happy on a display shelf with alot of other phones.

On a related topic, I just yesterday received an ivory cloth mounting cord dated 56 (ebay link) to use on my ivory plastic 302, which was missing its line cord.

The ivory 302 has a #5 dial.


Larry
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:25:03 PM by LarryInMichigan »

Offline poplar1

  • ***
  • Posts: 6265
  • 1051-AL
Re: Green 302
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »
You're right; the dial cover should be on for a 302.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Offline poplar1

  • ***
  • Posts: 6265
  • 1051-AL
Re: Green 302
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
I think there was a modification to raise the case by putting washers at the hold down screws.  This might clear up thr dial/bell interference problem.

Howard, you're right. Here is the reference:

3.08 On desk-type sets the terminals of the
6-type dial may obstruct the ringer clapper
rod when the ringer is mounted on a triangular
mounting bracket. To provide the necessary clearance,
two captive mounting washers should be
placed on each of the mounting screws which hold
the upper housing to the base plate of the telephone
set (see Fig. 22).

SECTION C38.545
Station Operations Manual Issue1, March, 1958
Station Sets AT&TCo  Standard

Thanks to wedophones.com

http://wedophones.com/TheBellSystem/pdf/bsp/300/c38.545-5803.pdf
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.