Author Topic: Bell System "B" tools  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Rokumoncat

  • *
  • Posts: 54
Bell System "B" tools
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:56:02 PM »
Hi yet again,

What does the "Bell System B" mean when it comes to tools? And was there an official tool list for the various "Bell System B" tool boxes?

Thanks again!


Online Doug Rose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7241
  • Blondie & the Kid of Phone
Re: Bell System "B" tools
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »
I still have my B Box. Even after I went to a soft brown cloth bag that went over the shoulder, I hung on to my B Box. It stayed in my car and I carried the brown cloth bag.  No idea what the B meant, but it is one durable case. It was always known as a B box.....Doug

Offline kb3pxr

  • *
  • Posts: 64
Re: Bell System "B" tools
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »
The B designates type and varies by the tool. For Example, the later flashlights came in B and C configurations. The Bell System B flashlight was a straight (standard) 2 D-Cell flashlight, the Bell System C flashlight is a right angle flashlight (think Army type without the filters).

I've seen online examples of the C type especially coming in Black as well as Blue/White. Fulton Industries (the same people that make the Military right angle light) still produce the type C (without the "Bell System C" markings) as the model N47-4 in the blue/white.