News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Swedish model Norwegian design

Started by dsk, August 13, 2013, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

2 versions of wiring diagrams: Especially made for Trondheim (city) telephone company, and Bergen (city) telephone company.

dsk

dsk

I Guess I will Rename this most common circuit to "RIKS Koplinga"  RIKS for the rikstelefon or mother company in Norway quite equal to Ma Bell in the US.

Rikstelefonen/Telgrafverket/Telegrafvesenet/Televerket was the state controlled company serving much of Norway, and almost all long distance lines. They used this schematics as standard on both metal and bakelite telephones from the 1920-ies to the "new"  circuit came in 1953.  Eveven when they were a part of the same company, Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and Trondheim cities used their own versions. 

dsk

dsk

After years of looking, I found the last schematic version of the Norwegian 1922 Telephone: The Stavanger circuit "Stavangerkoplinga"  And not only that it has a ground button witch is rare, and a dial with number-ring, a version I never have seen nor heard about.

dsk

HarrySmith

dsk - how many different circuits were used on phones in Europe?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 16, 2018, 02:45:16 PM
dsk - how many different circuits were used on phones in Europe?
I do not have a clue, sorry!  In my head, German phones had approx the same circuit as the Siemens W48 from 1928 to will in to the 1970-ies, pretty related to what I have named Televerkskoplinga  among the circuits used in Norway from 1932 to 1953 (bridge circuit). Still many Norwegian phones had a compensation circuit close to what we know from W.E. 332.  This was common in many other European phones especially those from Antwerp. In Sweden they used the bridge circuit who developed to be pretty complicated in the 60-ies.  The British do always have their own solutions, and those circuits used from the pyramid and to much later was complicated variants who may be a mix of bridge and compensation circuits.  The reason for nominating my phone was what I found so fascinating that engineers in "smaller" towns did choose their own variants in a small country as ours.

dsk