News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

An Old Friend Came To Visit

Started by 19and41, May 11, 2021, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

I started work here in 2004 and in 2007 I started doing line work on the rail stations and all other Buildings on the lines.  About that time There was a big old female cat with white and black patches that would sit on a nearby berm and watch us get ready to drive out.  One morning she had 3 babies with her.  One was black with white toes, one had a white star on its chest and the third was all black.  They wanted to come close to us but just couldn't.  I got them a couple cans of food and brought them back and sat them out for them.  I did this a few days and the all black one would come a running and hiss at me as it was taught to do.  He equated that with saying hello and he would walk backwards ahead of me til I put down the food.  His way of saying hello sacred hell out of everyone who didn't know and my general foreman announced he was going to have the cats trapped and eliminated.  They came and trapped them but only eliminated their testes.  The other two went their separate ways but the black one hung around.  That was til about a year and a half ago.  Then today he came along and sat down next to me for a visit.  He keeps 6 feet from anyone, anyway.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RB

Great story!
They are smarter than we give them credit.
Thanks for sharing.

Key2871

I think cats are cool. They purr to relax you and tell you they are happy,  Nice story.
KEN

19and41

Thanks.  He's a nice cat.  I'd been missing him.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

I love dogs too, but I've had cats a while.
They can be such fun at times. Loving and kind.
Dogs are too but something about cats...
KEN