News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Oslo telephone Elektrisk Bureau 1934

Started by dsk, July 27, 2014, 03:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

This diagram are translated, and modified to include 2 dials, and earth button.

The last one is the more common single dial version.

dsk

LarryInMichigan

That would be a great phone for someone with two teenage daughters ;D

Larry

dsk

Finally space for an Oslo phone with wall shelf. Oslo was going to save then you managed with only one model phone, and if you had it on the wall then there was a desk phone on the shelf.
This one is probably from the war for the gongs are galvanized.

The only one I have seen with this shelf.

dsk

Jim Stettler

That is a really cool set-up.  Very interesting variation of a telephone.
Thanks for posting.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Quote from: dsk on February 17, 2020, 02:07:06 PM
Finally space for an Oslo phone with wall shelf. Oslo was going to save then you managed with only one model phone, and if you had it on the wall then there was a desk phone on the shelf.
This one is probably from the war for the gongs are galvanized.

The only one I have seen with this shelf.
dsk

Very nice Dag, looks brand new. I have never seen a wall mount version with the hook for the receiver. Nice find my friend....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Very Cool, very different phone. Is the shelf part attached to the phone or is it mounted separately?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

It is like a table with a locking system to fix the phone. The phone is the standard telephone you could get in Oslo between 1934 and 1953.  You could choose what model you want as long as you went for this ... in black.   ;D
dsk

HarrySmith

Cool. Kind of like the Ford Model A, available in any color you like as long as it was Black!

Do you have a picture of the ;locking mechanism?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 17, 2020, 05:53:42 PM
Cool. Kind of like the Ford Model A, available in any color you like as long as it was Black!

Do you have a picture of the ;locking mechanism?
Added 3 pictures at the top. The "table/shelf)  The diagonal arm fits tightly, and hs to be rotated to so it locks the phone on two of the legs. Under the table it is a circular "nut" to tighten the arm.  And ofcourse it is som holes in the table to bake it more easy to swing the arm.

And yes just like Ford, but here you also have to choose Ford or nothing.  ;D

dsk

HarrySmith

Thanks for adding the pictures. That is a pretty clever device. I have seen lots of those type phones on eBay & elsewhere but that is the first wall mount. Cool!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Opening the phone is easy with just a spring lock, the handset transmitter capsule may be a little more tricky.

In the capsule cover it is a small hole in the middle of the red x, press a needle in there to move a locking tab, and then unscrew the bakelite cover.