News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Same Phone Number on Two Phones

Started by Doug Rose, September 24, 2021, 09:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet found these at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. Very cool as the both had the same phone number and Metal handset covers. Just wiped them down to remove the dust....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 24, 2021, 09:59:20 AM
Janet found these at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. Very cool as the both had the same phone number and Metal handset covers. Just wiped them down to remove the dust....Doug

I like early back-painted faceplates., they looker cooler than the later faceplates.
JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

RB

Nice find!
Looks like they were both active in the same house, at the same time.

Jim Stettler

My guess is the beige was the main phone and they got the green extension later.
My reasoning is the beige has curved operator vs OPER on the green. Curved operator is earlier.

On a WE 'curved operator' touchpad, It is worth checking the pad to see if it is a 10 button conversion dial.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jim Stettler on September 24, 2021, 12:13:54 PM
My guess is the beige was the main phone and they got the green extension later.
My reasoning is the beige has curved operator vs OPER on the green. Curved operator is earlier.

On a WE 'curved operator' touchpad, It is worth checking the pad to see if it is a 10 button conversion dial.
Jim
Interesting! I do not know anything on TT dials.

I have another phone with the * and # are different color with the curved operator on the Zero. Looks like it was factory Painted -18 Blue

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/atq/d/framingham-working-western-electric/7378263975.html ( dead link 12-13-21 )

Is this an upgraded 10 button?....Doug

Kidphone

RB

seems like it, the outer buttons are a different color.
Don't know of any that were like that from factory???
I mean the color changes???
nice color too!!!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 24, 2021, 01:15:27 PM

I have another phone with the * and # are different color with the curved operator on the Zero. Looks like it was factory Painted -18 Blue

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/atq/d/framingham-working-western-electric/7378263975.html

Is this an upgraded 10 button?....Doug

I would assume it is.

I think there was a recent topic about some converted 10 button dials .

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,

Doug Rose

Thanks Jim. Any value to these? Not TT guy at all....Doug
Kidphone