"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Jokes, Cartoons and Humor

Started by HobieSport, May 01, 2009, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Quote from: AL_as_needed on January 23, 2018, 08:56:07 PM
The other thing to be concerned about back then was your parents listening in on the kitchen wall phone while you took your call on the upstairs phone.....

True story:  A kid is out partying with his friends, but he's supposed to be home.  His home has a phone in the living room, one downstairs and an extension in the parent's bedroom upstairs.  He's late, so he knows his parents are already in bed.  So, he calls home, and when his mom picks it up from the bedroom, he says "I got it Mom!"
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Quote from: Brinybay on January 24, 2018, 12:53:20 AM
True story:  A kid is out partying with his friends, but he's supposed to be home.  His home has a phone in the living room, and an extension in the parent's bedroom upstairs.  He's late, so he knows his parents are already in bed.  So, he calls home, and when his mom picks it up from the bedroom, he says "I got it Mom!"

Well, what if she was grabbing a late night snack in the kitchen (or waiting from him to come home on the living room couch) and picked up the living room phone? If that was the case, the "I got it Mom" takes on a whole 'nother meaning, I'm sure he got it.

Greg G.

Quote from: TelePlay on January 24, 2018, 04:41:12 PM
Well, what if she was grabbing a late night snack in the kitchen (or waiting from him to come home on the living room couch) and picked up the living room phone? If that was the case, the "I got it Mom" takes on a whole 'nother meaning, I'm sure he got it.

I forgot to add that his room is downstairs and a phone down there.  The rest of the story goes that it only worked once.  Apparently the parents found out and then he had to tell them in person when he got home.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AL_as_needed

Im sure you didn't need to pick up a phone to overhear that conversation.  :-[
TWinbrook7

compubit

In today's comic section... (Sunday, April 29, 2018)

(Feel free to move or combine with another topic...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Number, please!

Thanks for posting!  When I read the comics this morning, I had the same thought.
Stu

compubit

Another one from the comics...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

MADhouseTelephone

Here's one from my collection
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

MADhouseTelephone

How many get this?
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

AL_as_needed

Taco Bell, that was a subsidiary of Southwestern Bell if memory serves correct.  ;D
TWinbrook7

jsowers

Here's where I first saw that term used. Someone's idea of what all the Bell companies should have been renamed after divestiture. I think I saved it from eBay once.
Jonathan

AL_as_needed

Oh I like that! Was there an extra toll charge for connecting to Hell's Bell?
TWinbrook7

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke