Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I never paid much attention before, but after looking at the bottom more, Iím now curious what that opening with the rubber grommet would have been for. Itís large enough for a good sized cord. Mysteries like that always bug me until I figure it out.

Anyone out there know what it was used for?

Ken

Line cable for the wall phone (uses the same nase).

Jack
I think the same chassis was used on the wall version and the wiring used that hole
I never paid much attention before, but after looking at the bottom more, Iím now curious what that opening with the rubber grommet would have been for. Itís large enough for a good sized cord. Mysteries like that always bug me until I figure it out.

Anyone out there know what it was used for?

Ken
Candlestick Phones / Re: Cats, Candlesticks and Catastrophe!
« Last post by TelePlay on Yesterday at 10:28:16 PM »
Appears to be the same. Ships from Canada so postage is higher but Old Phone Works is usually a bit lower in price than Old Phone Shop (US seller).

My eBay search did not find the $5.95 item.
« Last post by TelePlay on Yesterday at 10:20:03 PM »
Is that repro replacement any different that the one that sells for $5.99 ob Ebay?
Thanks,
-WM

Link?
« Last post by TelePlay on Yesterday at 10:19:08 PM »
reproduction, same as broken one

Thanks, thought so. OldPhoneWorks also has original caps but the price is $45 while this repro is $18, both plus shipping. Parts are no longer cheap.
« Last post by evilw on Yesterday at 10:16:42 PM »

Is that repro replacement any different that the one that sells for $5.99 ob Ebay?
Thanks,
-WM
« Last post by rdelius on Yesterday at 10:14:14 PM »
« Last post by TelePlay on Yesterday at 09:58:52 PM »
This may work

http://www.oldphoneshop.com/products/western-electric-candlestick-receiver-cap-143.html

Seller description:  "Western Electric 143 Candlestick receiver cap. Fits all Western Electric candlestick and wood wall phone receivers. Stamped Western Electric , Patent Dec 4 1900 March 29 1901"

Verify size/threads with seller. Or maybe a member can verify it as a replacement.

(Can't attach the image from the device I am using)

< edit 06-23-21   images added >
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10