News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 102: Rare ABLM Ericsson 1895 Potbelly Candlestick

Started by TelePlay, September 15, 2013, 09:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Congratulations to Dan who won another contest further extending his lead as our Grand Champion with his 10th win edging out Mr. Bones by $9.69! His guess of $2,359.69 was only $65.31 away from the winning bid of $2,425.00. How does he do it? He's won 10% of our contests and 3 of the last 9!

In a more interesting ending than the #101 Donut Phone contest, this phone jumped from $1,455 to $1,999 about a half hour before the end where it stayed until the snipes began about 4 seconds to go with m***x (1827), again, jumping in at the last second with a bid of $2,425 to win the phone.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 102 contests.

Thanks to all who played in this contest. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Another chance to get on or move up would be with ->Auction Contest #103 <- which runs through 9-28-13.

tallguy58

Check out my bid .....until it got quashed. :'(

Throw me a bone here ;D ;D
Cheers........Bill

TelePlay

Quote from: tallguy58 on September 25, 2013, 04:29:05 PMCheck out my bid .....until it got quashed. :'( Throw me a bone here ;D ;D

Wow!, What did you know (how did you do that), but you never got back to my PM with a new guess so I thought you walked away from this one, and when the contest ended, you weren't on the list so I never went through the posts.

This rare event has earned you a place on the CRPF "Bull's-Eye List" found at the bottom of the Contest Standings page as recognition for your late, but very accurate, guess rejected under Rule #3.

Congratulations on receiving the first ever Honorable Mention in the CRPF Auction Contest, a rare honor indeed.

Dan

Quote from: TelePlay on September 22, 2013, 08:50:07 PM
Congratulations to Dan who won another contest further extending his lead as our Grand Champion with his 10th win edging out Mr. Bones by $9.69! His guess of $2,359.69 was only $65.31 away from the winning bid of $2,425.00. How does he do it? He's won 10% of our contests and 3 of the last 9!

In a more interesting ending than the #101 Donut Phone contest, this phone jumped from $1,455 to $1,999 about a half hour before the end where it stayed until the snipes began about 4 seconds to go with m***x (1827), again, jumping in at the last second with a bid of $2,425 to win the phone.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 102 contests.

Thanks to all who played in this contest. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Another chance to get on or move up would be with ->Auction Contest #103 <- which runs through 9-28-13.

Thanks for the kind words, I am Lucky I guess!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

tallguy58

Thanks.

I never noticed your PM as I come here only sporadically.

Hey, like you said, it's only a game! I'm having fun anyway.

By the way, I was NOT the guy that won that auction. ;D
Cheers........Bill

Jack Ryan

Not bad for an anonymous potbelly with an Ericsson transmitter on it.

Jack