"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring diagram for Westen Electric 555 cordboard

Started by Rokumoncat, April 03, 2015, 09:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokumoncat

Hi All,

I have finally obtained a wiring harness for my 555 cord-board. It is complete with the three wooden terminal blocks and mounting rail for those blocks, and the lacing is still intact and sound. However, it did not come with the plug strip that the tel and cord circuit modules plug into, however I have that part so it is no big deal. What is a big deal is that I do not have any diagrams or information as to what wires on the harness go to what lugs on that plug strip, lamp and jack strips, ballast lamp, buzzer and bat switch or the buzzer itself.

If you have any information or can direct me to any sources of this information, I would be forever grateful. I do have many of the CDs and SDs for the various parts but no actual wiring diagram for the harness.

I am presently repainting the frame, but I have all of the above mentioned parts, and will be ready to start assembling the board in a week or so. It is a Franken board, as someone gave me the frame and I found all of the other parts over the course of three or four years.

I am attaching a photo of my telephone kitty sitting on the board during mockup a few years ago. His name is Kotobuki, and he is the chief RMO (Rodent Mitigation Officer), and he also double duties as the chief cord and test lead flexibility tester.

Thank you all very much once again for your time!

Best,

Joe

HarrySmith

I have a bunch of 555 documents stored here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/#folders/0B6eDAxemj1VHZjk2NTgwNWItMGUzNy00YzhhLWI4NGQtNzc3MTU4OGE5MjRh

I hope you can view them and find what you need. If not let me know, I will try to find another way to get it to you.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"