News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Decorator 3 Slot Payphones.

Started by trainman, October 18, 2017, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman

How rare do you think the Bell System converted 3 slot payphones are? Ive come across a few on ebay. Id like to find one that is still intact. Not to deconvert, but because of the history. Ive seen a few where people try to put back original, because they dont know about the Decorator Series phones.

What would be a value range compared to average 236G prices, since the Decorator 3 slots were usually made from 236g.

paul-f

Quote from: trainman on October 18, 2017, 06:26:29 PM
How rare do you think the Bell System converted 3 slot payphones are? Ive come across a few on ebay. Id like to find one that is still intact. Not to deconvert, but because of the history. Ive seen a few where people try to put back original, because they dont know about the Decorator Series phones.

What would be a value range compared to average 236G prices, since the Decorator 3 slots were usually made from 236g.

ISTR seeing them turn up fairly regularly on ebay over the years - selling for less than a 236G.

There's some background info here:
  http://www.paul-f.com/weDesignLine.html#CoinDecorator

...with more in the referenced BSP, which can be found in the TCI Library.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

RotarDad

I don't think these are rare.  I bet they converted thousands of them.  Many of the nicer ones I see on Ebay are mounted on a wooden shelf/backboard.  I agree with Paul F that a complete original 236G will typically sell for more than a D180574.
Paul