News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bought a 5 pack line drop part on ebay, need some info please

Started by RB, December 03, 2018, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Hi I got a piece of an old cord board that has the drop paddles, don't know correct term.
It appears to be NOS.
Question... did these plates have an entry ring installed on the plug entrance?
This one seems to be just the plate with holes drilled in it.
The switches are in place, as well as the drops. but looks unfinished? missing the rings over the holes.
Can someone post a close up pic of one of these drop plates installed?

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

I have always referred to them as drops.
If I am imagining the item correctly I don't think they would have a plug entrance.
They "drop" to indicate a caller, when they are "dropped" the jack is accessible. I have never owned a board with "drops", but this is my understanding.
Photos would help identify it, and would keep  the topic  for current and future reasons, Without photos this topic will get deleted after a few months.
JMO,
Jim S.
Teleplay's attitude on  keeping topics timelessly relevant  by posting photos is starting to rub off on me ;D
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

RB

Found this pic, hope it works.
I base my theory on another type of military cord set, where the drop is triggered by the caller, but the reset occurs when the plug is inserted into the jack, which makes the connection, as well as resetting the drop.

RB

Dug this up again.
my drop set is in need of the plug entry collars/nuts.
Anybody know/have some layin around???
I want to get started on this build, but not worth startin if I can't get the inserts!

dsk

The SB-22 field exchange may use std stereo plugs if you do not have the right ones.  By some reason it has been a lot of standards  so diameter length and  lots of other measures needed to know what is the right one for you.  The circuit for a simple magneto board is  the circuit for
TA-222/PT  https://goo.gl/4qjRgU  (Figure 1-1. Line Pack Schematic Diagram)

RB