News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Arabic dial

Started by Vern P, March 16, 2019, 12:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern P

Found the dial on a LME C/S in Pescott, AZ.   Up for trade or sale.
Vern

Quote from: Vern P on March 16, 2019, 12:23:53 AM
Found the dial on a LME C/S in Pescott, AZ.   Up for trade or sale.
Vern

Can you post a picture of the back of the dial?

tubaman

From the finger-stop and finger-plate design I guess that is a GPO No10 slipping cam design.
:)

Vern P

This is the back side.  Vern

Vern P

I have been asked what I want for your dial,  how about a perch for my AE stair step C/S ? 
Yes it is a long shot, but I have to start some were.  Have the perch, but don't what the dial. There are others that don't have the perch, but want the dial. Let me know and I can get you together.
Vern

phonetech87

Vern;
Are you selling this item. I am interested. Please let me know.

dinquisitive1@yahoo.com

tubaman

Yep, GPO No10 type dial.
:)

Vern P

No offer for a trade, so how about $50 with ship for the dial ?  Or offer.
Vern

Vern P

The dial sold in 9 mins, I guess it was better than I thought.
Vern :(

andy1702

A GPO dial 10 is quite common, so you did well to get $50 for it. The Arabic is probably because it was originally used in Portugal, which is where a lot of the bakelite Ericsson phones with Arabic dials also seem to originate from.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

Jack Ryan

I hope it's not bad form to comment on old threads but...

It is a Siemens Brothers dial. The GPO used those dials but they are not specifically GPO dials - they were used in the UK by the GPO and others, in most Commonwealth countries and other countries where there was Commonwealth influence such as the Middle East, Asia and South America. They were also made under license in Norway for use on Rotary exchanges.

This particular dial may be Egyptian.

These dials, with normal number plates, are becoming more expensive ($30 to $50 US) and are even more expensive with unusual (enamel) number plates.

I don't know how Portugal got into the picture - perhaps someone could fill me in - thanks.

Regards
Jack

Quote from: Jack Ryan on June 16, 2019, 02:12:12 AM
I hope it's not bad form to comment on old threads but... 

No Jack it's quite the opposite. It's nice to see older topics revisited.   

Quote from: Jack Ryan on June 16, 2019, 02:12:12 AM
It is a Siemens Brothers dial. The GPO used those dials but they are not specifically GPO dials - they were used in the UK by the GPO and others, in most Commonwealth countries and other countries where there was Commonwealth influence such as the Middle East, Asia and South America. They were also made under license in Norway for use on Rotary exchanges.

This particular dial may be Egyptian.

These dials, with normal number plates, are becoming more expensive ($30 to $50 US) and are even more expensive with unusual (enamel) number plates.

I don't know how Portugal got into the picture - perhaps someone could fill me in - thanks.

Regards
Jack

I have several listed here for sale for $30.00 Canadian without the dial plates. I think that's a fair price.

One has the enamel number plate with a reversed numbers from New Zealand and the rest are normal dial plates.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=22547.0 

Jack Ryan

The dial with the MTS centre looks good but I doubt the cost of postage does!

Jack

Quote from: Jack Ryan on June 16, 2019, 08:34:19 AM
The dial with the MTS centre looks good but I doubt the cost of postage does!

Jack

I guess that would depend on where you live.
The MTS is Canadian and stands for Manitoba Telephone System.

Jack Ryan

Yes, I know the dial and the operating company but I am a long way from Manitoba - in Australia.

Jack