News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Has anyone seen the new Hardy Boys series on Hulu? Lots of Northern electric pho

Started by Key2871, March 29, 2021, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

I've been watching the Hardy Boys mystery series on HULU, filmed in Canada with lots of Northern electric sets, of all styles. Contempra wall set, NE payphones even a few desk sets I've not seen before.
If you get Hulu check it out it's cool to see all sorts of phones.
KEN

FABphones

Not heard of this show so checked out the trailer, looks like it could be worth a watch (if it is aired on any UK/EU freesat channels).

Here's the link to the trailer ( is that meant to be an English accent...  :o )
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tlsk0yBIimc

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

It's only one season, but if you like mysteries this is pretty good. I've watched it a few times already and pick up on a bit more every time I watch.
And I've seen a few phones I've not seen before and that too is cool.
KEN

Babybearjs

I'll have to look into that series... I remember watching it years ago.,.. are these re-runs or a new series?
John

Key2871

KEN

Key2871

Well I've been watching and rewatching these episodes. And I see a scene where the "tall guy"(6'11)
Uses a 2500, that looks from a side angle that has been modular but has a hardwired cord on the back as well as the handset.
Seems odd, but perhaps they are trying to maintain a circa? Like maybe older phones were used prior to 75, 79 era?
But I have seen several NE Centurian sets touch tone, and a NE(?) 236 three slot, a odd mix of 500 sets, brown with ivory handset caps, a brown with green caps things like that. Just seems odd they would have a mixture of parts old new colors etc.
KEN