News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage Blue/Rotary Phone Made by North Electric Mfg Co Galion Ohio

Started by Doug Rose, May 17, 2021, 08:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Okay Boys and Girls....what am I missing here?  Sure looks Black on the bottom picture.

$767.00

Opinions?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194092818956?
Kidphone

FABphones

Did a member here win this, or manage to obtain a photo of the inside? If so please update us with your findings.  :)

Additional images from listing.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

magicbrain

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 17, 2021, 08:57:56 AM
Okay Boys and Girls....what am I missing here?  Sure looks Black on the bottom picture.
$767.00
Opinions?

Ouch :o - Probably thought they were bidding on an actual blue plastic housing North galion? - IMHO definitely black bakelite housing someone painted blue - Buyer is going to be very disappointed to say the least, when they receive it.
Bruce

FABphones

I had a little play around with the images. Could be grime on top of blue, or blue on top of black, but to me, looks painted.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Looks like a paint texture to me but hard to be sure. The plungers are certainly painted as you can see where it has worn off.

Witty

That's crazy. And only 2 bidders fighting over it.
They're either blind, or huge Broncos fans?
😁
Ken

countryman

Dumb question, has it been made in blue? The handset was painted for sure and someone wasn't afraid of painting the cord as well. So I would expect the body is also painted.

Bakelite afaik can't be made in blue so a true blue shell would be a more modern plastic. But it does not look like modern plastic. It sure looks like painted Bakelite.

At least the dial is correct.
It will be a nice phone when it is cleaned, stripped and the fingerwheel replaced. Just not a $ 767 phone ;-)

Gary Z

Yes, they were made in blue and are very hard to come by. Many years ago I bought what I thought was a brown North. I was very happy with that. When I opened it up, the inside was blue. What ever it was exposed to..either the sun or moisture created a uniform brown color. It took some serious very fine sanding and buffing to get it back to the original color but was well worth the effort.

countryman

Wow, that was a nice surprise  :)
Thanks for showing!
So I'll keep my fingers crossed for the buyer.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.