News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is required to make a WE 555 Cord Board work?

Started by Ed D, April 16, 2011, 06:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Yup, your gonna need the schematic.
In the upper left corner, are all the misc connections.
There again, you will need to find a component, and trace the wires.
I think there is a filter cap in the primary power circuit.
And a switch on the board to turn on/off power.??
those are the two things that will help you find the right connections.
Which will get you started...Then the fun starts!!!

MuseumTelephones

Yes.  I am going to have a ball.  Want to join me?  :D
Jim McCall AKA MuseumTelephones Spokane Valley Heritage Museum volunteer

RB

Sure, bring it to Dallas, and we can get it working :)

HarrySmith

Good Luck with all that wiring. Have you checked all the documentation I have stored on Google? The shematic should be in there.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6eDAxemj1VHZjk2NTgwNWItMGUzNy00YzhhLWI4NGQtNzc3MTU4OGE5MjRh
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MuseumTelephones

Harry  I have now.  Thank you very much.  The t-66520 gif series images are hard to read. Do you have them in pdf? Jim

Jim Stettler

Quote from: MuseumTelephones on June 14, 2019, 08:24:30 PM
Harry  I have now.  Thank you very much.  The t-66520 gif series images are hard to read. Do you have them in pdf? Jim
Have you checked the TCI library?
Search WE 555 switchboard using the google search option. I found 146 items.
https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search/google-search
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

MuseumTelephones

Jim.  No I didn't use that search option.  Thank you.  I now have a bunch of reading to do. Jim

HarrySmith

Quote from: MuseumTelephones on June 14, 2019, 08:24:30 PM
I may have them on my computer at home. I will check over the wekend and let you know.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MuseumTelephones

I am making progress on tracking the MISC Terminal Block wires back into the interior of the Switch Board controls.  However per SD-66520-01-G2 diagram the wire from terminal 16 goes to "IM (NL) REL." it is a RED wire at Terminal Block.  Can somebody tell me what "IM (NL) REL." means and where to find it.  Thank you.  Jim

RB

Jim
Yous gettin in deep dude. ;)
you are gonna hafta posta picof whatchur lookin at.
If you can post a pic of what your working with, we can follow. 8)
otherwise, we gotta go fish for some docs to reference.
Congrats on your willingness to play noodle man, and wade through this.
Pins 8 12 and 13 appear to be jumped together.
you can follow any part to its destination...should help anyway???

MuseumTelephones

My last post didn't get posted.  I don't know why.  Maybe files too big or something so I will send files in separate posts.
See the second to last page in the SD-66520 document.  Terminal 16, where do I find the internal switchboard end of that wire? The document T-66520 may help but the wire goes to a heavy solid line and I have no idea where it goes inside the switchboard from there.  Please remember that the Terminal Block "MISC" had been completely disconnected and removed.  That leaves me with having to trace the wires back inside the switchboard to determine which one use to go to terminal 16 from the internal switchboard to the terminal block.  I also am having trouble finding the wires that use to go to terminals 43,44,45,46,47 and 48, where do they come from?  The SD-66520 indicates they come from things like "LT. PAN".  What is that and where do I find them and how do I get to them? Any help you can give me is appreciated.   Jim

MuseumTelephones

See second to last page.   Jim

MuseumTelephones

I can't get the internal wiring document to post.  It is in the link provided by Harry Smith above https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6eDAxemj1VHZjk2NTgwNWItMGUzNy00YzhhLWI4NGQtNzc3MTU4OGE5MjRh   Please see document T-66520-38.gif  Thank you.   Jim

RB

Hmm??? post hasn't shown up???
Abridged version...
Pin 16 to OUTGOING side of BATT switch. The input side has a 125 uf capacitor "-" tied to it. This comes from the BATT
Pins 43-48 are ground RETURNS...
That means they terminated there, and were jumpered at the MISC block... They arn't now... They need to be. Do that later.
GROUND may be found at the "+" point of the 125uf capacitor. in fact, that may be a good place to find and use as reference.
"

MuseumTelephones

RB  You are VERY helpful.  Thank you very much!  I greatly appreciate it.  How did you learn all this?  You have extensive knowledge and ability.  Jim