Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Auction Talk / Re: ADA HOARD
« Last post by FABphones on Today at 01:25:58 PM »
I have been watching quite a few of their listings for a while now.

Feedback seems ok. Seller seems to know what he has so no hidden bargains that I have seen.

General Discussion / Re: Leich handset id and source for missing parts
« Last post by tubaman on Today at 12:27:23 PM »
I don't know the model name but that looks like the correct Leich handset for that phone.
The receiver should be as per my photos (has a diaphragm). Unfortunately my one also had the transmitter missing so I don't know what that is like.
Is that a Western Electric E1 handset?
General Discussion / Re: Wiring up candlestick to Western Electric 300k?
« Last post by rdelius on Today at 11:40:22 AM »
If you use one modern power supply to power several telephones, you might have to put a series impednence coil or possibly a choke coil in series .
Auction Talk / ADA HOARD
« Last post by Doug Rose on Today at 11:39:19 AM »
Anyone bought anything from ADA HOARD? Has listed a lot of nice phones recently....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353500419073?
General Discussion / Re: Leich handset id and source for missing parts
« Last post by rdelius on Today at 11:37:30 AM »
Those elements look wrong for that handset. The rec is a brass assy with a diaphram and the tx is also brass. both have screws to connect them . The tx will not work well.
Rod...I have these Kellogg cranks, one is a 5 bar, the other is a 3 bar and I was thinking about hooking up two manual 302s. I think my oldest grandsons would get a kick out of it.

That is unless I don't sell them first!.. ::)..Doug

General Discussion / Re: Wiring up candlestick to Western Electric 300k?
« Last post by RB on Today at 10:23:21 AM »
Doug
Different phones have different components, "resistance varies".
Most would say you need batts in both units.
However, if you only have 2 phones, you can use a 5volt dc supply. "one with good filtering".
I use the blk and yellow wires for power on all my LB phones fitted with a modular cord.
This all connects to my switchboard which supplies 5v out on each extension.
Use a 4 wire cable, connect T & R to both phones, and which ever colors are left, to the Batt terms in both.
Connect the 5v supply to one of the phones Batt connectors, and good to go.
It will supply power to both phones with no problems...on MOST phones.
I can't speak for every type, but it works for my mixture of phones!  :)
What are you thinking about coupling???
Phones with hand generators and dry cells are called "local battery" telephone sets. The 300K, like the large oak wall phones, isn't compatible with modern phone lines.

It would work well as an intercom connected with other local battery set(s), if you add batteries.

On a modern line, since there is no capacitor in the ringer circuit, it will keep the line "off-hook" even if the receiver is on the hook. Also, it would not be a good idea to turn the crank if you hook the 300K to a  digital central office (land line) or Magic Jack, cable modem, etc., unless you first disconnect the generator. You would still need batteries to power the transmitter.

Much easier to use a "common battery" sidetone subset: 534A, 584A, 295A, or 334A. You can connect multiple phones to one sidetone subset.
I know this is an old post with David's response,

"It would work well as an intercom connected with other local battery set(s), if you add batteries."

If you have two hand generator cranks connected for and Intercom, what battery would be needed on the circuit? On each end or just the circuit....many thanks....Doug
Welcome Back Mr. Bones! Where have you been my friend?....Doug
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10