Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Collector's Corner / Re: Is this a Siemens Dial?
« Last post by FABphones on Yesterday at 11:57:32 AM »
Add a photo of the reverse, should be numbers/lettering to help us date it etc.
 :)
« Last post by Doug Rose on Yesterday at 11:32:53 AM »
thanks Larry....I do appreciate you input...Doug
« Last post by LarryInMichigan on Yesterday at 11:24:20 AM »
It is a British GPO dial which may have been made by Siemens of one of the other manufacturers.  The number plate has the North American lettering scheme.  According to what I read, some telcos in Canada used British switches, so they equipped their phones with GPO dials, which have a different make/break ratio (I learned about that decades ago while working for US Robotics, the modem company), so that they would work properly with the switches.  Since the dials were used in Canada, they have the North American lettering on the number plates.  The British scheme has only 'M' and 'N' on the '6'.

Larry
Collector's Corner / Is this a Siemens Dial?
« Last post by Doug Rose on Yesterday at 11:18:41 AM »
This dial came on a NE #1. I seem to remember that some came with a Siemens dial. This is a loud dial in really nice shape.

Is it a Siemens??...thanks...Doug
Key Systems (Electronic, 1A2 etc) / Re: Cross connection wiring frustration!
« Last post by Doug Rose on Yesterday at 08:43:26 AM »
Why Run Backwards You Vomit

http://www.kadiak.org/tel/color.htm
Just follow the color code that is why it was created,if you don’t know your color code you will never get it right.
Collector's Corner / Re: 2x GPO No150 Candlestick Phone Lamps
« Last post by RB on Yesterday at 05:10:36 AM »
Very impressive sticks/lamps there.
Interesting how the mods were made to the transmitters, as there is no space in the perch to fit a socket.
I would be happy to own one for a phone, or a lamp!
Those are two examples of something else I have not seen before.
They both look good.
« Last post by FABphones on Yesterday at 04:30:28 AM »

The righthand one looks in nice shape, with the metalwork still black and not brassed-out. Hopefully the insides are still intact…..

That metalwork does look too nice to be on a lamped out phone. I’ll know more when I have them in hand. I have a spare complete transmitter (and receiver components if required) so have mulled over putting that one right.

Image below of another No150 I have, in a slightly more distressed condition :o which could be used for internals if necessary. I was considering putting all the less favourable condition spares on it and displaying it as is alongside the others. A rat-stick.   ;D
« Last post by tubaman on Yesterday at 03:50:08 AM »
The righthand one looks in nice shape, with the metalwork still black and not brassed-out. Hopefully the insides are still intact.
Key Systems (Electronic, 1A2 etc) / Re: Cross connection wiring frustration!
« Last post by Babybearjs on July 26, 2021, 11:10:04 PM »
OK thanks, I'll talk to you later.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »