Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Electro-Mehanical Key Systems (1A1, 1A2 etc) / Re: My summer project begins.
« Last post by Key2871 on June 14, 2021, 06:49:27 PM »
Ok, Harry wanted info on the rivets I used on my phone, so here are pictures of the packages, now these are old, as in 20 years old, so this brand may not be available anymore I think POP was bought out by Stanley, I can't say for sure.
So the first shot is for the ones I used on the feet.
The one below, I've used on trimline sets feet.

Wooden Phones / Re: Getting old phone to ring with ATA
« Last post by Marco99 on June 14, 2021, 05:59:49 PM »
You should place a 1 or 2uf 200volt non polarized cap in line with the ringer.
Then it should ring???

Thanks again for your help, but I have another question or two.
I am playing around with ring cadence in the ATA to get a more distinctive ring. Is the standard ring frequency 20Hz for phones of this vintage?
What would have been the ring cadence back in 1912 when this phone was put in service?

thanks
Wooden Phones / Re: Mounting Kellogg Wooden Phone to Masonry Wall?
« Last post by FABphones on June 14, 2021, 05:43:51 PM »
I know I saw it at one time. Basically mount a piece with the 45 degree cut on the back of the phone with the cut down. Mount the other piece with the cut up. Then it sits right in tight & strong.

Mentioned on these threads.
 :)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15608

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11158
« Last post by HarrySmith on June 14, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
It's called a French Cleat

Thank you!!!  I knew that was what it was called but I was racking my brain and could not come up with it.
« Last post by evilw on June 14, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »

Excellent! I just watched a few videos on the French Cleat and it makes sense. Now, I just need to determine how thick it should be to look good behind the phone and then get the motivation to dismount and lift the heavy beast again. lol
Thanks,
-WM
« Last post by Argee on June 14, 2021, 04:31:10 PM »
I searched again but could not find the posting on here. I know I saw it at one time. Basically mount a piece with the 45 degree cut on the back of the phone with the cut down. Mount the other piece with the cut up. Then it sits right in tight & strong.

For Sale / FOR SALE *** Western Electric L1A Ringer
« Last post by LarryInMichigan on June 14, 2021, 04:12:00 PM »
I am trying to free up some space here by selling some things.  I have a Western Electric L1A ringer which I do not need.  It is in good condition and rings loudly.  I am asking $23 plus shipping.  It weighs a bit more than 2 lbs.  Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank You

Larry
Auction Talk / Re: Western Electric Manual Set 9 30 54
« Last post by allnumbedup on June 14, 2021, 01:49:21 PM »
Not my listing, but bought a set of these off this vendor and they worked well, also have removed my own and transplanted them to another cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193766590595

I know also not quite correct for a  1954 straight cord, but maybe closer to correct? JC
« Last post by evilw on June 14, 2021, 01:42:46 PM »
I searched again but could not find the posting on here. I know I saw it at one time. Basically mount a piece with the 45 degree cut on the back of the phone with the cut down. Mount the other piece with the cut up. Then it sits right in tight & strong.

Thank you!
ps: I also have a '37 302 like your profile pic. I bought a 201 a couple of years ago just to get the '37 seamless handset for it. lol
-WM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »