Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Wooden Phones / Re: Mounting Kellogg Wooden Phone to Masonry Wall?
« Last post by HarrySmith on June 14, 2021, 12:57:15 PM »
I searched again but could not find the posting on here. I know I saw it at one time. Basically mount a piece with the 45 degree cut on the back of the phone with the cut down. Mount the other piece with the cut up. Then it sits right in tight & strong.
Auction Talk / Western Electric Manual Set 9 30 54
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 14, 2021, 12:46:21 PM »
I have had this for awhile and was waiting to refurb it as the original Cord was broken at the handset.

My first day of vacation is raining, so I decided to give it a try. Went down an inch on the cord, it was very supple and not dried out at all as they usually get. I stripped the wires and connect the red and black to the cup . I used cross wire to run up the handle and beaned the connection. NO Static. No thick end connection going into the handset, but I don't think you would know unless you were collector.

I love the "BIG" dial blank. This is a date matching phone except the missing line cord.

Considering I was only 10 months when this was made, it is an oldie!!....Doug
Collector's Corner / Re: Shaped Bells
« Last post by Witty on June 14, 2021, 12:36:54 PM »
Awesome collection Vern!
I especially lily like the wood and glass ones.
Thanks for sharing.

Ken
Auction Talk / Re: Navy AE 40 with AE 50 Locks
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 14, 2021, 12:32:58 PM »
I always tell Janet, when I ask her why she has this room with all those old telephones in it, its time for me to go.

Lordy.....Doug
« Last post by Witty on June 14, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »
I can completely relate to this!
Last winter I saw something on Ebay that was very different and odd, only to find out a couple months ago I had one boxed away.
It happens!
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 14, 2021, 12:20:47 PM »
WOW! Playing with an old man's loss of memory!  8).

Never mind.. ;D ...Doug

Wooden Phones / Re: Mounting Kellogg Wooden Phone to Masonry Wall?
« Last post by evilw on June 14, 2021, 11:58:22 AM »
I would recommend using the same set up that many pay phone collectors use. It is on here somewhere but I could not locate it with a quick search. Basically just cut a piece of wood, one by works, at a 45 degree angle. Attach one piece securely to the wall and the other piece to the back of the phone. Slip it on and you are done!

Thank you Harry,
That method sounds very helpful too. I would love to see an example as I am only partially grasping the concept. Having all cement walls keeps the hammer drill and fresh masonry bits always ready.
-WM
Electro-Mehanical Key Systems (1A1, 1A2 etc) / Re: My summer project begins.
« Last post by Key2871 on June 14, 2021, 11:24:02 AM »
They are indeed pop rivets, Harry. I got a special broad head type years ago for doing feet on telephones, and the ones I used on the feet are extra long.
About a 1/2" long, because the shorter standard is to short and won't catch the base pan correctly.
I've used the shorter on trimline bases, with a small spacer between the head and rivet gun, so it sits better.
So by the time it's done, it holds very well and looks good too.
I used a Steele rivet with steel stem on the network,
And all aluminium on the feet. And the diameter on the feet are a larger diameter than the standard pop rivet.
Collector's Corner / Re: Shaped Bells
« Last post by Scott on June 14, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Scott K.
« Last post by paul-f on June 14, 2021, 10:18:48 AM »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »