Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Auction Talk / Re: Pay Phone Telephone Western Electric RARE BROWN COLOR!
« Last post by MMikeJBenN27 on June 13, 2021, 08:53:24 PM »
Must not be factory.  Never saw a brown pay phone.  Ever.
Wooden Phones / Re: Mounting Kellogg Wooden Phone to Masonry Wall?
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 13, 2021, 02:35:13 PM »
Looks great...Doug
« Last post by evilw on June 13, 2021, 02:30:01 PM »
nice job.....is it missing a shelf? There should be holes if it is. It would look like this....Doug

Thanks Doug,
I do have some shelves in my parts stash, but decided to leave this one as my dad had restored it back in the 60s.
-WM
« Last post by evilw on June 13, 2021, 02:28:23 PM »
Nice display.

Our walls here can be difficult to get a good fix into. For wall phones the best way for us is to use a back board. As it is not vintage we use as many heavy duty fixings as we think it needs for the weight it will carry. The phones are then securely screwed onto that.

Good Idea! I had thought about that as well. Would you mind sending me a photo of one of your installs?
-WM
General Discussion / Re: WE 302 D2993-G desk set, what was it used for?
« Last post by paul-f on June 13, 2021, 02:21:52 PM »
Is it possible most phone companies started using the same ringer code suffixes by this time?

While anything is possible, I think it's unlikely that most would adopt the same standard suffix codes.

It's more likely that this series of sets was packaged with (or for) SC ringers for a large (possibly repeating) customer order.
Plugs and Jacks / Re: What is the color of this WE four pronged plug?
« Last post by paul-f on June 13, 2021, 02:15:51 PM »
Thank you for your input. Here is another picture of the plug, next to a WE light grey faceplate (-61) and a wall plate.  I thought the wall plate to be olive grey -49 because it matches other WE phone accessories I have found.  It has no color number.

For much of it's production life, the 283-type plugs were available in -49, -50 (ivory) and -54 (brown). They were also available for years in 500-series set colors to match the color-coordinated mounting cords, so beige would be a possibility.
Electro-Mehanical Key Systems (1A1, 1A2 etc) / Re: My summer project begins.
« Last post by Key2871 on June 13, 2021, 12:42:43 PM »
You got more parts, send them along. I can't make these 831 sets because I'm missing chaining plugs that connect to the keys to interconnect them.
And other parts could be useful as well.
General Discussion / Re: Another collector selling
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 13, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »
:) another collector selling! wonder who it is?
I wonder what the LINK is?
General Discussion / Another collector selling
« Last post by Babybearjs on June 13, 2021, 10:49:50 AM »
 :) another collector selling! wonder who it is?
Plugs and Jacks / Re: What is the color of this WE four pronged plug?
« Last post by Babybearjs on June 13, 2021, 10:36:22 AM »
I Noticed you had some color chips to try to match the original color.... Paint color is like phone numbers, always changing... so todays colors aren't yesterdays colors....  you need to always go with the manufacturers original color codes...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »