Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Electro-Mehanical Key Systems (1A1, 1A2 etc) / Re: My summer project begins.
« Last post by Babybearjs on June 13, 2021, 10:32:56 AM »
while I was going through my parts box, I found some more parts to these... the key button sets.... do you want them? or did I send enough parts for you?
Auction Talk / Re: Pay Phone Telephone Western Electric RARE BROWN COLOR!
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 13, 2021, 08:17:48 AM »

That and a few other things just stick out like a sore thumb to tell anyone with some experience this is not a true color and wasn't painted by Western Electric.
Jmho.
Properly schooled
Wooden Phones / Re: Mounting Kellogg Wooden Phone to Masonry Wall?
« Last post by Doug Rose on June 13, 2021, 08:13:00 AM »
nice job.....is it missing a shelf? There should be holes if it is. It would look like this....Doug
« Last post by FABphones on June 13, 2021, 04:37:57 AM »
Nice display.

Our walls here can be difficult to get a good fix into. For wall phones the best way for us is to use a back board. As it is not vintage we use as many heavy duty fixings as we think it needs for the weight it will carry. The phones are then securely screwed onto that.
« Last post by evilw on June 13, 2021, 02:43:27 AM »
Thanks Countryman!
The 1918 Mounting Instructions show only mounting two diagonal screws and just having "dummies" in the other two. I am nervous with 4. lol

« Last post by countryman on June 13, 2021, 01:27:19 AM »
The plastic anchors and bolts look reasonably sized. When they sit in solid masonry (and not only crumbly mortar) Mr. Edison will be fine with it.
« Last post by evilw on June 13, 2021, 12:05:45 AM »
Ah, what the heck. I went for it!
Wish the Edison Cylinder player luck.
-WM
General Discussion / Re: WE 302 D2993-G desk set, what was it used for?
« Last post by Witty on June 12, 2021, 11:09:38 PM »
Very good find there Paul!
It Looks like SC models all use the same suffix letter code for the various ringer model numbers, with A being the straight line ringers. It makes me think WE used the same suffix codes for independents, and maybe they have a code table somewhere that matches these. Would be nice to find one.
Is it possible most phone companies started using the same ringer code suffixes by this time?

Ken
Auction Talk / Re: Pay Phone Telephone Western Electric RARE BROWN COLOR!
« Last post by Key2871 on June 12, 2021, 10:36:58 PM »
Yea if that were a company paint job, a lot of the things on the back plane would have been removed before paint.
Heck even I would have removed that stuff before painting.
And the late Paul Vaverchack told me he used 1/2" self stick circles to repair daisy wheels and they covered well.
That and a few other things just stick out like a sore thumb to tell anyone with some experience this is not a true color and wasn't painted by Western Electric.
Jmho.
Plugs and Jacks / Re: What is the color of this WE four pronged plug?
« Last post by allnumbedup on June 12, 2021, 10:17:32 PM »
same weird mulberry grey color and a spider web (the green on the outside is wax I missed after buffing the exterior). thanks for asking. good idea
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10