News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TeleNorm T-N-50-6-exchange-1964 T&N Made in Germany

Started by dsk, August 28, 2013, 08:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haf

are those three tones in series Norwegian dial tone? As in this untit the tones where produced as I guess with a Ruf- und Signalmaschine, an electro-mechanical device (I don't have the slightest idea if that is english or just my translation from the German words). So I suppose it can produce differnt countries dial tones. If it is not your dial tone, it remeinds me to an Aufschalteton or Aufton, means that someone ...omg, how to describe that properly... connected into the line (like the operator can do when you're having a call with someone to tell you to insert more money or that there is another call waiting for you). But as I know the Aufton it where only 2 tones in series, even if it sounds same as yours only one tone less.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

Our (Norwegian) dial tone is a steady tone, usually 425Hz.

dsk

Haf

The German dial tone since 1979 is a steady 475 Hz tone, pre 1979 it was a 475 Hz morse A.
Take a look here if you like:

http://tinyurl.com/mgzhjgc

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

This could be an S in the Morse alphabet. It would be a clear difference to the POTS dial tone.
The frequency used are about 416 Hz.

dsk

Haf

Please compare to the Aufschalteton with 425 Hz. Maybe you could compare the length too. But still there is one tone in the sequence missing.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

So what I have located is an PBX (no trunk lines) with (in this case) 30 extentions and 4 connections.
(probably a lo cost version)

When I look at the tones, it is stated to be 425Hz (measured 416) where the:
Dial tone (WZ) are a Morse code S 5 times pr 10 sec.
The ringing (FZ)is 1sec ring and 4 sec pause.  (The ringing is 25Hz on the line)
It is 2 types of busy signals.
(BZ) 16 short pulses pr 10 sec. (Morse code E) (When the other end is busy) (Whats the English name for this?)
and
(FLZ) 10 long pulses pr 10 sec. (Morse code T) (Other equipment is busy) (Whats the English name for this?)

(The letters S T and E are seen in the documentation of the ringer unit)

dsk

twocvbloke

Quote from: dsk on September 07, 2013, 01:48:54 PM(BZ) 16 short pulses pr 10 sec. (Morse code E) (When the other end is busy) (Whats the English name for this?)
and
(FLZ) 10 long pulses pr 10 sec. (Morse code T) (Other equipment is busy) (Whats the English name for this?)

First one would be Engaged or Busy tone, 2nd one I would say is Exchange Busy tone (not sure what the US term for that is though)... :)

dsk

The busy signal are used for both purposes here in Norway in the regular POTS.

dsk

AE_Collector

Quote from: dsk on September 07, 2013, 01:48:54 PM
So what I have located is an PBX (no trunk lines) with (in this case) 30 extentions and 4 connections.
dsk

You probably mean PAX rather than PBX? PBX (Private Branch Exchange) would normally have trunks to/from the CO (thus the Branch Exchange terminology in the name PBX) where as a PAX (Private Automatic Exchange) would typically not have trunks so it is a Telephone Intercom.

By "4 connections" you mean it can handle 4 calls at the same time, correct?

Looks very similar to the one that I have yet to go collect. Do you have this now dsk?

Terry

poplar1

Current standard here:

"Busy Signal" or "busy tone"--60 i. p. m. (0.5 second on, 0.5 second off)
"Reorder Tone" or "fast busy"--120 i. p. m. (0.25 second on, 0.25 second off)--used for invalid extension number and All Trunks Busy

Don't know what the i stands for--maybe interruptions? p. m.=per minute
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

dsk

Quote from: AE_Collector on September 07, 2013, 04:50:19 PM
Quote from: dsk on September 07, 2013, 01:48:54 PM
dsk

You probably mean PAX rather than PBX? PBX (Private Branch Exchange) would normally have trunks to/from the CO (thus the Branch Exchange terminology in the name PBX) where as a PAX (Private Automatic Exchange) would typically not have trunks so it is a Telephone Intercom.

By "4 connections" you mean it can handle 4 calls at the same time, correct?

Looks very similar to the one that I have yet to go collect. Do you have this now dsk?

Terry
;) You are right again. PAX! And yes it may handle 4 calls at the same time.
Thank you, and please keep on helping me to understand and express my self in an understandable English language.
dsk

AE_Collector

We virtually always know what you mean (in English) dsk and most of the time your English is perfect. Everyone talk to dsk in only in Norwegian for the rest of the day. Hmmm, on second thought....

Terry

HarrySmith

I personally have never has a problem with your posts, always perfectly understandable.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Now I wouldn't blame dsk for not being able to understand OUR English!

Terry

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 08, 2013, 05:41:22 PM
have never has a problem

Quote from: AE_Collector on September 08, 2013, 12:11:24 PM
talk to dsk in only in Norwegian