News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Off Hook Tone?

Started by dc4code, August 24, 2018, 05:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

Can someone send me a mp3 of the off hook tone used by step by step switches by General Electric in the U.S?

Or was there no off hook tone?

Right now I'm using a 'CryBaby' tone as my off hook tone but I want to be period-correct on this,

Also where can I buy one of these step by step switches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVsosQnWmL4
for cheap. My budget would be $35-$45 Or could anyone possibly donate something like this?

I'm guessing all I need to get a prototype working is

one of the switches from the video
a ring generator
a tone generator
a line finder?

48v and 24v DC power supply?

dc4code

I know there is a tone called the 'Howler' tone but I cannot find anything online. the only tone I found was a howler tone for a different country.

MADhouseTelephone

Look up "MADhouse Telephone" on FB, then search "howler". I have a post about mine with videos in the comments. I couldn't post them here. ADavid
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

Key2871

Yea howler would have come on after a time and was quite loud to let you know the phone as off hook.
There must n
Be a sound bite on the web. I used to know if places to go, but haven't don't it in so long.. Well I done forgot.
KEN

TelePlay

Quote from: Key2871 on March 17, 2020, 11:44:47 AM
There must n
Be a sound bite on the web. I used to know if places to go, but haven't don't it in so long.. Well I done forgot.

https://youtu.be/4KQwgd-cQQc

Jim Stettler

That is a 12 hour clip, I listened for around 12 seconds which was too long.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

Do you realize you are answering a question from almost 2 years ago posted by a member who tried to destroy the forum?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MADhouseTelephone

Yeah, but I know Dylan and try to keep him on the straight and narrow.  ADavid
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone