"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Jim Aita

Started by Jim Stettler, December 16, 2018, 09:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Ray K. posted this to TCI:

learned last night that long-time friend and collector Jim Aita has passed away. Many of us will dearly miss him and his smile 😃
--
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Me:
Jim was the first collector I ever met at a phone show, He had his clear 302.  That phone made me want to find clear sets.
One of his tasks at Bell was to buff 302 sets, He used to buff 302 sets for collectors.
He was a  good guy and will be missed.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dennis Markham

I never had the opportunity to meet Jim.  I hear many nice things about him from my friend and fellow phone collector, Mark Scola.  Mark told me about the high quality reproduction cords that Jim used to make.

My condolences to all Jim's family and all of those that knew and loved him. 

~Dennis

Desert Phone Guy

Jim and his wife Laurel were always at the shows in the 80's and 90's.  Very pleasant and likeable couple.   Jim could definitely turn a junker receiver into a masterpiece.

kleenax

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 17, 2018, 05:33:34 AM
I never had the opportunity to meet Jim.  I hear many nice things about him from my friend and fellow phone collector, Mark Scola.  Mark told me about the high quality reproduction cords that Jim used to make.

My condolences to all Jim's family and all of those that knew and loved him. 

~Dennis
I learned last week that Mark Scola had passed away as well. Being a fellow Michigander, he visited me at my workshop on many occasions.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC