News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ADA HOARD

Started by Doug Rose, May 18, 2021, 11:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone bought anything from ADA HOARD? Has listed a lot of nice phones recently....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353500419073?
Kidphone

FABphones

I have been watching quite a few of their listings for a while now.

Feedback seems ok. Seller seems to know what he has so no hidden bargains that I have seen.

—-

ETA: Another of his listings below just as an example re pricing etc. The standard text appears to be a cut and paste, as seen on each listing.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353483949811

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

Yeah, he seems to be a phone guy. States he is keeping a few and will fix what he has parts for. He also states his pricing will be "undervalued". I don't know about that part, I have not yet seen any bargains either!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Stubbypylon

He's a member on the ATCA Facebook page.  He bought an entire collection from someone and is selling bits and pieces off.  I don't believe he's been collecting for any length of time.  Isn't the dial he's selling a "Type 23" - the short lived dial between the Mercedes and the Type 24?
Craig Stanowski

Doug Rose

Quote from: Stubbypylon on May 19, 2021, 04:28:46 PM
He's a member on the ATCA Facebook page.  He bought an entire collection from someone and is selling bits and pieces off.  I don't believe he's been collecting for any length of time.  Isn't the dial he's selling a "Type 23" - the short lived dial between the Mercedes and the Type 24?
I asked him how he came upon this collection and he answered ADA OKLAHOMA, I am guessing it is a location. Nice stuff but it has the regular high end pricing...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 19, 2021, 06:15:33 PM
I asked him how he came upon this collection and he answered ADA OKLAHOMA, I am guessing it is a location. Nice stuff but it has the regular high end pricing...Doug

Ada is a city in and the county seat of Pontotoc County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 16,810 at the 2010 census, an increase of 7.1 percent from the figure of 15,691 in 2000. The city was named for Ada Reed, the daughter of an early settler, and was incorporated in 1901

Also apparently Blake Shelton was born there.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Payphone installer

Prices are unrealistic for substandard parts. Greed is a powerful emotion. You generally get more money if you just list the items with no reserve. Just let it go. Also one must consider the tax repercussions of high prices on eBay. The more you make the more you pay. I have my eBay account in a LLC.

Vern P

Yes Mike is a collector and the hord came from an old ATCA member. I don't agree with his pricing, but he is the real deal.  Lot of great stuff, but no great deals on price.