"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unusual WE 2500 w. 425G Net.

Started by RotoTech99, August 01, 2021, 10:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I have a "unusual" (at least to me) WE 2500 light grey modular set with a 425G network I need some help identifying, please.

I've attached some pictures of it below; the dial is a 35ac3a r8 IL 80.

Its working right now as a single line set. The info on the base says 1500M, 1-67, so im unsure what I've got...Two rear feet need replacing, but that's no major thing.

It has the exclusion key plunger, But the switchook aside from how its configured, the exclusion key plunger acts like a regular plunger.

It appears to have been refurbed, the dates I found are 1967 on the network,and IV-66 on the ringer.

If the forum can please help me by telling me, or giving a good guess, I'd be thankful and appreciative.

Thank YoU<
RotoTech99

Key2871

Can you take a picture of the base, and dial mount.

It sounds like it started as a 500 set, and was changed to perhaps a data set. That's why the board between the dial mounts and the network.
KEN

RotoTech99

Dear Key2871:

I've attached the pics, but I think it started as a 1500 set, the dial bracket rivets look original.

Also, it had a lead line jack that was broken, so I replaced it with a 4 lead line jack.

RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Dear Key2871:

I've also seen the terminal strip on 500 sets converted to 2500 by adding adapters to the 500 dial mount.
RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Dear Key2871:

I've also seen mention of a BSP talking about sets equipped with a 425G net. should be returned to WE, but Chrome won't open it, saying it's unsafe.

poplar1

425G does not have the filter between F and RR, so it was used only with Touch-Tone dials. Since there are no S or T terminals on the network, the terminal strip under the dial was necessary. 1500M was often used with 1A1 or 1A2 Key Equipments: the yellow and brown switch hoook leads can be used for A lead control.

This phone originally had a 25-type dial (10-button).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RotoTech99

Dear poplar1:

I think what amazes me is as it's currently configured, it works nicely on a single line.

I'm also surprised a lot of the connections  are on the terminal strip, and that the exclusion plunger was left in!

There's no contacts for they key to work, so it acts like a regular switch hook plunger.

RotoTech99

Key2871

Yes I just noticed the number stamp on the base, and saw it said 1500, so that helps, and yes I know that the terminal board, etc etc.
And I just wondered why it was there, now I know.
If you can find an appropriate dial with dates close I would consider changing it back. But then you would need a face plate as well.
KEN

RotoTech99

Dear Key 2871:

I think in this instance, I'll keep it the way it is, and see about locating a as is 1500M; Since mine is configured as a 2500M, i call it "the baby brother" of the 1500M, and I think I'll leave it as it is outside of putting two new rear feet on it.

RotoTech99