News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

security features

Started by Babybearjs, February 21, 2016, 12:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I don't know what is going on... but I took 6 pictures of the phone I just restored and tried to post a 6 pictures.... they failed...sighting security protocol failures... so I tried 1 photo and it posted... was able to add a second and then the remaining 4 failed.... any idea why? does the administrator need to turn something off? or is it the software in general.... if so, an upgrade may be in order.....
John

TelePlay

A long discussion by many over 3 years starts at this reply in the "Posting Photos on CRPF" topic in "Forum News"

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8990.msg115883#msg115883

Only fix know to date is to remove the image meta data.

unbeldi

Quote from: TelePlay on February 21, 2016, 08:45:25 AM
A long discussion by many over 3 years starts at this reply in the "Posting Photos on CRPF" topic in "Forum News"

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8990.msg115883#msg115883

Only fix know to date is to remove the image meta data.

Meta data is only one culprit.  The  'security' software feature also detects random sequences of bits of image data that just happen to match the offending words.  This is why often it helps to simply resample the image slightly by resizing, not cropping.

WEBellSystemChristian

There should only be one or two 'offending' pictures of the four. Try posting them one at a time. If one fails checks, remove it and add another one.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

John:

Much effort has been put into resolving this issue but obviously it still appears occasionally. I say occasionally because I have inly had the problem occasionally. At this point from the forums side of things there is nothing else that can be done. The quickest fix seems to be to edit the pictures size slightly which from what I have read in the larger topic that Teleplay quoted, usually works.

Terry

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 21, 2016, 02:15:20 PM
John:

Much effort has been put into resolving this issue but obviously it still appears occasionally. I say occasionally because I have inly had the problem occasionally. At this point from the forums side of things there is nothing else that can be done. The quickest fix seems to be to edit the pictures size slightly which from what I have read in the larger topic that Teleplay quoted, usually works.

Terry

Well, there is a fix that would get rid of the problem forever.  But it does require a simple modification of the software, which I have suggested before.

Jack Ryan

Much effort has been put into resolving this issue but obviously it still appears occasionally. I say occasionally because I have inly had the problem occasionally.

It happens to me quite often. As time is always short it has become:

1. Won't post = Don't post
2. Don't spend time editing an image for a post - it likely won't post.

Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on February 21, 2016, 06:39:26 PM
Much effort has been put into resolving this issue but obviously it still appears occasionally. I say occasionally because I have inly had the problem occasionally.

It happens to me quite often. As time is always short it has become:

1. Won't post = Don't post
2. Don't spend time editing an image for a post - it likely won't post.

Jack

I second that.  Happens to me frequently. Fortunately I have my handy command line tools to massage images quickly, so I increase my frequency of not giving up.

Babybearjs

well, so much for sharing photos......
John

oldguy

Most of really like the pics of other peoples phones. When we have questions or other people have questions about phones the old saying "a picture is worth1000 words" is true. So when it's a real pain to post a picture (I have trouble posting pictures), it tends to make the forum less fun. If it's a simple software fix like unbeldi states, why don't we do it?
Gary