"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member from Michigan

Started by pault, June 08, 2016, 09:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pault

Hello,
I'm a recent retired outside I&R tech from Michigan Bell/Ameritech/SBC/AT&T. Started in the late 1970s outside and inside jobs.
Worked in assignment, I&R dispatch, TOPS operator, clerk in data/billing center, worked on C.O. frame, underground cable locator and finally installation & repair tech for POTS, T1 and DSL.

Fabius

Hello Paul,

Welcome. We have a home in Canadian Lakes, Michigan. Where are you located? What do you collect? I started with the NY Telephone and retired from Verizon. I worked in the central office.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

LarryInMichigan

Welcome Paul.  There are many of us here in Michigan including our esteemed forum master.  We have been scheming to bring all of the world's collectible telephones here to Michigan :)

Larry

dsk

pault

Well after 3 years, I just noticed these replies to my first post. I guess I'm not so new anymore.
I've been spending too much of my retirement income on building my phone collection.  Have a little over 100 of various models of Western & Automatic Electric sets. I have 4 payphones so far 2 WE and 2 AE.  I also acquired a glass outdoor phone booth with the blue TELEPHONE glass signs. It's cleaned up
and ready to put outside soon with one of the payphones connected to a payphone simulator.  Even replaced the light ballasts and put in new circular bulbs.
Caseville, Michigan

HarrySmith

Well Paul, if you have been here that long you know we LOVE pictures! Let's see your collection. You can add your own topic to our collections pages.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"