News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is this WE (620A “1A2”) Key Telephone System?

Started by oldguy, March 27, 2018, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Yes that is the power supply AND just as I predicted (due to seeing a 66 block in your original picture that was labelled the way intercoms cable out)...the blue box is an electronic 19 station intercom.

Terry

Quote from: AE_Collector on March 28, 2018, 05:46:23 PM
Also, the 66 block immediately to the right of the ksu is or was an intercom system connection block. If it has a 25 pair on it see where it goes. Probably to a little electronic intercom with a single Amphenol connector. You will need it too! Not need as in to make the ksu work...need as in more to play with!

Terry

rdelius

That blue box is most likely an  intercom melco made tone and dial  interccom units for 1a2 ststems paging adaptors

poplar1

79B2 pictured (gray cover) is the power supply.

K19 is the intercom for up to 19 codes. It will work with rotary or Touch-Tone phones (or a mix of both types). Usually, the intercom is on the last key (button) of each phone.

On a 6-button phone, the intercom connects to the black-green pair for the common talk path, the black-slate pair is for the lamp, and either yellow-green or yellow-orange pair goes to the buzzer.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

oldguy

Thanks guys. I'll take the whole mess. wiring a system is going to be a nightmare isn't it?
Gary

HarrySmith

Never a nigtmare, maybe a challenge! I guess it would depend on how it has been wired in the past. Take everything you see attached to it, never know what you might need!

EDIT: In the original post pictures it appears there is 2 wiring blocks below the unit, take those too!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

rdelius

try to take it down as a unit  if possible tag all connections